What the...... 21 hours and no fish

M
mikeredding
Ok Siltcoos pros.

We spent 21 hours on the water and couldn't catch a fish to save our lives. They were being caught all around us. Not a lack of fish. All the usual gear. Hours of trolling plugs of all different colors. Nothing. Thousands of casts with a variety of spinners. Still nothing. What the hell are we doing wrong here? I thought last year it was because I couldn't get my boat trolled down slow enough. I put on a trolling plate this year. Problem solved. Still no fish.

Any suggestions for a Siltcoos rookie?

D
DB Crouper
Don't bring bananas on your boat.;)

M
mikeredding
DB Crouper said:
Don't bring bananas on your boat.;)

Haha. not on my boat!

T
Thuggin4Life
Take bananas next time I took one 2 days in a row last year and boat limited both trips. Where were you fishing at when the action was hot? Also its called fishing for a reason. Sometimes you do everything right other than have a fish right there at that magic moment. I would suggest another method but couldn't go into much detail on the forum sorry somethings are secret but ypu couldn't do it in Your boat. I would suggest that you just keep foaming and put your hours in. I have more hours on that lake than I do most of our local lakes and I spend a lot of my spare time trolling close to home for trout.

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
I haven't logged as many hours as you you have enough. I know where the fish are for sure. It seems that I may be missing one little magic key. Hmmmm
What is it Andy? I know you know. Haha. Don't make me follow you around with binoculars next weekend.

T
Thuggin4Life
ah the joy of lemons.....

M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
ah the joy of lemons.....
:think: Huh? You got me on this one.

D
DYJ
Was it really that hot out there? We were out Sunday and put one silver in the boat just over 21 inches and one 16 inch rainbow but that was the only fish of the day. When we got into the other groups of boats up Fiddlers Cr arm, no one was catching anything and every boat that talked to us said they hadn't seen much action. Where were you when you saw a lot of fish being caught?

M
mikeredding
Fiddle Cr was dead from what I hear. We saw about 12 caught up Maple Cr on Sat and about 8 on Sunday.

D
DYJ
That makes since, we didn't make it p Mapple Cr.cause of some problems with the out main motor so we ran the trolling motor 75% of the day. Bummer for us. Our one silver was hooked when we trolling close to the bank off the island by the floting bathroom, on a pink Super Hooch.

M
mikeredding
Bummer. By chance, you aren't the boat I towed in are you?

D
DYJ
Nope. We suspected the problems we had but we also had faith the kicker wouldn't give us a problem. So when the main gave us problems we stayed close... so we didn't have to be the guy you towed in :lol:

M
mikeredding
Just curious. I towed a guy in from the Fiddle Cr. arm yesterday afternoon. His motor puked out and he was trying to get back through the wind and chop on an electric trolling motor.

Reactions: DB Crouper
N
nwkiller
mikeredding said:
Just curious. I towed a guy in from the Fiddle Cr. arm yesterday afternoon. His motor puked out and he was trying to get back through the wind and chop on an electric trolling motor.

i know that routine.... that lakes gets some of the biggest rollers of any lake ive been on, sometimes out doing the columbia. im sure others will say the same

D
DYJ
Mike, what kinda boat do you have? Hard to tell in the avatar pic... is that what you were out in?

M
mikeredding
Yep, that's what I was in. It is a 17' Blue Fin. Dark blue all aluminum hull. I was mostly in the Maple arm but did go over to Fiddle for a while yesterday afternoon.

D
DYJ
not ringin a bell, but there were pleanty o boats out there....

A
alseaalumaweld
did u put hooks on your lures?

M
mikeredding
alseaalumaweld said:
did u put hooks on your lures?

I guess it woudln't have mattered anyway since we didn't get any hits other than overly aggresive trout.

M
mikeredding
DYJ said:
not ringin a bell, but there were pleanty o boats out there....

What were you in?