What line?

O
OutdoorsTeen
I'm looking for a decent no memory line that for ultra light fishing. (4lb). Any suggestions? I have tried a few but they always had to much memory.
Thanks

M
mrlindeman
You could try braid in 10 lb at a 4lb diameter. That could work. Or you could use a reel that has a larger inner spool to make the winding not so tight or small. Thats what usually causes memory. Love the sig by the way thats awesome! :)

T
Throbbit _Shane
I use Maxima Ultragreeen

troutdude
troutdude
To combat memory, here is a little trick that I picked up somewhere.

The day before you venture out, take your rod(s) n' reel(s) outside. Find a place with about 100 yards of space. Attach your hook to a tree. Tighten your drag down some. Walk backwards and away from the tree, while keeping a slight arc in your rod. Once your out as far as you want to go, simply reel in and walk towards the tree. But, keep your line snug with an arc in your rod.

This trick, has allowed me to outcast most everyone that I fish alongside. It creates a "new" memory for the line.

Happy trails.

N
nwkiller
im all about the ultra green for steel

M
Markcanby
Throbbit _Shane said:
I use Maxima Ultragreeen

I have tried the braid but will be going back.

O
OutdoorsTeen
Thanks for the suggestions and braid is just to expensive and using 10lb on a ulta lite setup seems like cheating. Thanks anyway

A
Amberjack
I take you are using a spinning reel. If so never use the handle to " set the bail" Always do it with your hand. Also if you are using a spoon or a lure similar put a swivel in front, will eliminate line twist.

O
OutdoorsTeen
Yeah. I am thanks for the tips. DO they make light line braid like tested at 4 pounds? That could be very nice for casting.

P
ProfessorChromology
nwkiller said:
im all about the ultra green for steel

Amen. Ultra Green.

D
Drew9870
Copolymer lines are pretty good with low visibility and low diameter, I would recommend Gamma Polyflex in 4-6lb, you might be able to find it in stores around your area.

Copolymer has a bit of memory, but no worse than Maxima or P-Line, it is also smoother than the two.

N
nwkiller
ProfessorChromology said:
Amen. Ultra Green.

i like your name choice