What is the rockfish season inside 40 fathoms?

F
fphowell
Also are the lingcod limit of 2 part of the 7 fish limit or are they additional?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Oregon is open to bottom fishing all year inside of 40 fathoms. closed deeper than 40 fathoms from June 1 to Aug. 31.

lingcod limit (2 over 22") is separate from the marine bag limit (rockfish, greenlings, cabezon..).

https://myodfw.com/sport-bottomfish-seasons

D
DG1959
A really good trip is long leader. Instead of 7 fish you are allowed 10 and much bigger fish... no ling cod though, mostly after yellowtail. 10 hour trip rather than 5.
I really liked our last few trips out of depot bay, might go in October for deep water Ling.

• 82657E7B-BB45-42D1-9546-1E68E0585F0E.jpeg
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
DG1959 said:
A really good trip is long leader. Instead of 7 fish you are allowed 10 and much bigger fish... no ling cod though, mostly after yellowtail. 10 hour trip rather than 5.
Long leader is really helping more effectively use our rockfish quota, however it's not a good option for us 'no motor' folks.

The 'all year' under 40 fathoms bottom fishery, which includes bays, is critical to us. ODFW has done a great job managing bottom fishing to keep us open all year inside 40 fathoms.

F
fphowell
rogerdodger said:
Oregon is open to bottom fishing all year inside of 40 fathoms. closed deeper than 40 fathoms from June 1 to Aug. 31.

lingcod limit (2 over 22") is separate from the marine bag limit (rockfish, greenlings, cabezon..).
Thanks, that answers my questions.

F
fphowell
DG1959 said:
I really liked our last few trips out of depot bay, might go in October for deep water Ling.
Thanks

A
Alan
So if I understand, jetty fishing for rockfish is open year around?