What brand pontoon boat?

R
rainbowfisherman
Hello all, I have been looking into buying a small pontoon boat but have no idea what kind to buy?? I am looking in the 200 $ollar range hopefully cheaper but i know that may not even be enough. So if there are any suggestions on what brand that would be great. Or if anybody has one in good condition.

Thanks
-Rainbowfisher

I remember several people on here mentioning a pontoon they have a bimart for I think 189.99 or something like that. It sounded like a pretty good deal and heard some good reviews on it. Just can't think of the name right now.

rainbowfisherman said:
Hello all, I have been looking into buying a small pontoon boat but have no idea what kind to buy?? I am looking in the 200 $ollar range hopefully cheaper but i know that may not even be enough. So if there are any suggestions on what brand that would be great. Or if anybody has one in good condition.

Thanks
-Rainbowfisher

rainbowfisherman, watch craigslist... there were two last week, but given your price range you are ganna end up with what you get... may I suggest researching what you want and saving for it? compromise usally ends up in being compromised.:(

Rainbowfisherman,
I have an Outcast "Fishcat 9" that was rebadged as a "Sportsman's 9" as Sportsman's Warehouse (now Wholesale Sports) would buy these and rebadge them and sell them for $100.00 less than the Outcast boats as they were buying them in high volume from Outcast.

I am looking to get $400.00 for the pontoon with the oars and bags it came with. I would take $350 for the pontoon, but you would have to come pick it up.

Dave

Thanks for all the imput everyone i have been on craigslist.

About 5 years ago I got a creek company 8' ODC sport xl. I might be selling it due to purchasing a drift boat yesterday, but I'm not sure yet...it still has it's place for high lakes. I have had no problems with it until this year, I got a leak in the pontoons, I think it was due to not putting it away properly, and storing it in my vehicle on a hot 100+ degree day. I have had no issues with it, and it was $200. Served me well for river use as well, handles very good.

Thanks everyone

Did you ever get the patch fixed?

rainbowfisherman said:
Thanks everyone

Did you ever get the patch fixed?

Yep, the pontoons are functional again.

TTfishon thats a great site is your pontoon still in good shape?

rainbowfisherman said:
TTfishon thats a great site is your pontoon still in good shape?

Yep. I just got it in August. I've only used it a couple of times before the weather got cold. A friend of mine has one just like it. He let me use it a couple of times on the Mckenzie and the Willamette. It did pretty good except my but got wet while floating through the rapids.

Did you ge tthe ODC classic? It looks good and is on sale for 200 $. Is that a good deal?

rainbowfisherman said:
Did you ge tthe ODC classic? It looks good and is on sale for 200 $. Is that a good deal?

Yeah, that's the one I got and I think it's a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom