what bait?

S
seabass24
ok so i know that there are mackinal in this lake but i dont know what kind af bait is good for catching them ...... any suggestions. also help with other bait that is wrking for other fish is appreciated. i like to try new things so just let me know whatever is working.

C
capblack
mackinaw

mackinaw

if your going to target mackinaw, try trolling very deep with large fish imitating lures. For kokanee, try deep trolling a wedding ring tipped with white shoepeg corn, or worm, and for trout, all the norm. troll wedding rings or other lures, still fish power bait, float some night crawlers off the bottom, or worm under a bobber. Good luck and let us know how it goes, Brian

Troutski
Troutski
Macks...

Macks...

What gives you the idea that there are Macks in GP? If so I do have a great way to target them but I don't believe there are any in that Res. I could be wrong, been wrong before and will undoubtedly be wrong again. Just curious what put you on to them.

Chuck

C
chris61182
Troutski said:
What gives you the idea that there are Macks in GP? If so I do have a great way to target them but I don't believe there are any in that Res. I could be wrong, been wrong before and will undoubtedly be wrong again. Just curious what put you on to them.

Chuck

I don't know about lake trout but there are definitely bull trout in there.

L
lip ripper
I have fished GP for 18 years and the only thing that I know of that is in there are Kokanee,Bass, Chinook, Blue Gill,and Chubs. Now some one caught a Crappie that is the first one that I have heard of. :)

H
halibuthitman
Yeah I think a lot of the people mistake the small blackmouths for bull trout, and I may not be correct but bull trout are an endangered species and may not be targeted or retained. white maribou jigs bounced off gravelbeds in the deep are pretty effective this late into the lake trout season.