What are your goal for this winter season?

J
jabs67
Catch my first steelhead with my fly rod...
Be there everytime my boys hook and land a steelhead...Priceless moments!!!!!!!

O
Outdoor_Myers
rum runner said:
glad im not the only one lookn for a 15+ steelhead! lol and i know how it feals to not fill elk tags! tag soupe is kinda bland.

We went on opening day and 20 minutes into the hunt we seen 4 cow elk about 800 yrds away up on a ridge...needless to say my friend got a little too happy and excited and popped off a few rounds, 0 hit! I looked for an hour in the location for blood and seen none. The elk simply stood up and walked away no runners. I looked at him and said "next time lets do it my way" its was a great first experience and I learned I know more about hunting than I had previously thought! it had seem to come naturally to me!

H
halibuthitman
Outdoor_Myers said:
We went on opening day and 20 minutes into the hunt we seen 4 cow elk about 800 yrds away up on a ridge...needless to say my friend got a little too happy and excited and popped off a few rounds, 0 hit! I looked for an hour in the location for blood and seen none. The elk simply stood up and walked away no runners. I looked at him and said "next time lets do it my way" its was a great first experience and I learned I know more about hunting than I had previously thought! it had seem to come naturally to me!

never tell this story again... never.

W
Wolfden
My goals are pretty simple ... #1 catch my first salmon and or steelhead .. a sturgeon would be nice also lol hell .. i'd be happy catching anything at this point lol as i'm fishless

Dennis

P
plumb2fish
A four fish a week avg on the bug rod sounds like a tall order.....especially since work and weather limit time on the water. Somehow I think you will pull it OFF.

A
alm21
Get outside my comfort zone
Catch more steelhead on my centerpin float rod
Catch more fish without the use of bait
Fish small rivers & creeks with my fly rod
Catch a steelhead side drifting on the Clackamas
Fish in a different state
Stop being such a fat a**, Oh wait, am I supposed to wait to the New Year to set this goal?
I think I have more goals than time...

T
troutmasta
Survive being a broke student...

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
catch a winter steel to go along with my summer steel before the end of this month....

S
steelhead_slayer
R
rippin fish lips
I will get my first winter steelhead on my first trip to a new spot with a number 5 spinner. It's early and i got high hopes for a fish. Fish hard, get rewarded :) If i get skunked i will fish 2-3 times a week if i can for winters.

B
bran_man
steelhead_stalkers said:
Hook one steelhead. :lol:

I don't know about that one Chad! You guys don't know how to do that very well! Ha ha ;)

R
RoryONeal
My goal is to land my first steelhead ever.

T
TimberTodd
Catch a brighter hatchery fish than the dark buck that I caught last year on the Wilson.
Get on the river more.
Take the skunk off of the new 10' 8wt that I just had too have.

R
rum runner
soo many people trying to get there fly rod steel cherry popped lol hope every one gets that done! i can't wait to hear the drag go screaming off once i hook into one! and i think ill be able to get out 1-2 times a week this winter with my new job so lets hope i get a few chances to get some good fishn in.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Spend sometime to fish the Klaskanine for a winter steelhead, watch a few college bowl game and sip some Jameson Gold whiskey.

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
Throbbit _Shane
Catch one casting a plug.

Catching one would be fine no matter the technique though :D

S
steelhead_stalkers
bran_man said:
I don't know about that one Chad! You guys don't know how to do that very well! Ha ha ;)

That's always the goal. Then after the first fish there are many new goals! :D Hopefully the first one is met on Friday.

P
plumb2fish
To wet a line.

D
dtikey
for me personally to beat my best single day land on steelhead which is 22, and for me and the guys I fish most with to land 35 steelhead in one day.Last year our best day was right around 25 fish between two of us plus a couple 20-23 fish days with plumb to fish and couple other buddies.

P
plumb2fish
dtikey said:
for me personally to beat my best single day land on steelhead which is 22, and for me and the guys I fish most with to land 35 steelhead in one day.Last year our best day was right around 25 fish between two of us plus a couple 20-23 fish days with plumb to fish and couple other buddies.

I will have to have you double check my knots....LOL
Oh, wait my knots are good when fishing nates, its the turds rivers where I forget how to tie a knot...