What are your goal for this winter season?

R
rum runner
i like seeing what people have planned for there goals and personal bests kinda board today just tryn to see what the plans are this year with every one.

mine. #1. break my 15lb best
#2.steel on my fly rod

F
fishing_mission
Steelhead on my switch rod Santa's getting me ray: (I hope) lol

C_Run
Well, 2011 was way better than 2012 for me so I guess my goal is to make a comeback. I've been working on more home made spoons, trying to get a standardized product that works like they should.

F
fishtales
My fishing goal is to get out more, get a salmon/steelhead tag in 2013 (did not get one this year because I don’t know, I didn’t) and maybe learn to troll for trout. I am getting more comfortable on the old power boat, so leaning to troll might be a good goal for 2013.

S
steelhead_slayer
1. Land a winter over 15lbs
2. learn a new river

F
flyguy202011
1. Land a winter on the sandy over 15 pounds
2. swing every week this winter! or more!

W
wozniasm
Catch my first steelhead ever!
If anyone wants to show mw the ropes, I'm OFF Christmas week!

B
bythesea
more then 3 steelhead (1st yr) and first keeper sturgeon...

O
Outdoor_Myers
1) catch my first salmon/steelhead
2) help my friend fill his cow elk tag! He rly needs this been a very hard emotional year for him

R
rum runner
glad im not the only one lookn for a 15+ steelhead! lol and i know how it feals to not fill elk tags! tag soupe is kinda bland.

T
tomriker
Catch a fat December bass

madasahab
land many fish...break the 17# mark

F
fishinandfootball
Get experience on the oars(my first drift boat) and get my friends in to some fish!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Hook one steelhead. :lol:

C
ChezJfrey
Goals for this winter? Tough to say.

At 12/31/11, I stood looking back on 12 months of suffering in my first year of chasing steelhead and a big, fat, zero to show for the effort.

This year, I finally caught/landed my first one in February. Ten months later and I'm 22 for 35 for the year with a month left to go.

I've also had my first multiple-hookup day, first steel limit, have even caught one swinging a fly and have already tagged a hefty winter on 11/30 for the new season, which turned out to be my heaviest hatchery catch to date.

So, goals? I'm so far ahead of where I imagined this year would take me, I'm not really sure. How about a win, place or show in any one of the Dec, Jan, Feb Chromedome Challenge contests hosted by NWK? Sure, why not? Too bad my 11/30 hen was a day early, because I'm not even on the board yet. LOL!

B
bran_man
1.shoot with how much rain we have been getting and how bad the rivers are blown out, my first goal should be to even wet a line this winter if the weather will cooperate! ha ha
2.I would love to land a steelhead in the 20 pound range, but I will settle with anything 15- and over. Had a friend (nwk) land an 18-20 pounder and another friend land a 25-26 pounder last winter and I'm Jealous!!! ha ha. Even though I was only able to winter fish like 9-10 times last winter due to my hectic work schedule, I had a very successful season only getting skunked once so I just hope to have as great (if not better) of a winter season as I did last! Good luck everyone out there and I hope you all meet your goals!

H
halibuthitman
My goal this year is to thanksgiving to thanksgiving land 200 steelhead..... I have 196 to go.. gonna need some luck on this one..

M
mccarrel
Caught my first winter Fish on Dec 11 last year. Hope to hook up with one on the fly rod.

R
Roolinghills
Two goals:

1. Catch a keeper on a fly rod on the Sandy.. I love the natives but I'm ready to take home.

2. Get my old man his first steelie. I don't really care how we get him one, as long as it's legal and one heck of a fight!

After this summer I remember why I love winter steelhead fishing - less crowds and later mornings!

Y
YawBuddy
My goal is to fish the South Umpqua every day it is fishable....and the walk from the back door to the river will be my exercise.