Warmwater Fishing at Chinook Landing

G

GerbilManBoa

Has anyone had luck on warmwater fishing at Chinook Landing or even with trout at chinook landing lately? I'm eager to cast my line!

I

Ifishforfood

yep. go there in the evening and you can do some catch and release for the run of 6 inch salmon smolts. use the smallest hooks you can get away with and a tiny bobber.the only place to catch any is at the boat launch by the docks. use redworms or powerbait for best results. remember , catch and release and tight lines! get back if you catch any. also, there wont really be any panfish action until may, but the water might be flooded...

C

capblack

really? fishing for salmon smolts? im not sure i agree with that

B

beaverfan

Ya I can't figure out why anyone would ever purposely target smolts. That's completely counter productive.

G

GungasUncle

+1 - fishing for smolt is bad ju ju. Don't do it. And targeting smolt with BAIT is even worse. I hope homeboy was doing some chain yanking, and not serious about smolt fishing.

G

GerbilManBoa

Has there been any good bass or catfish action there lately?

G

GerbilManBoa

And yeah I think targeting smolts is a bad idea.

B

BobbiDollPDX

yep. go there in the evening and you can do some catch and release for the run of 6 inch salmon smolts. use the smallest hooks you can get away with and a tiny bobber.the only place to catch any is at the boat launch by the docks. use redworms or powerbait for best results. remember , catch and release and tight lines! get back if you catch any. also, there wont really be any panfish action until may, but the water might be flooded...

I think he was kidding as many of Gerbil's threads have received playful info and help. (Probably because there are so many)

brandon4455

brandon4455

i was going to say somthing about it but i didn't want to look like a jerk. fishing for smolts would be bullcrap

N

ninja2010

targeting smolts is akin to throwing babies into extreme cage fighting (and hope they survive) - in my books. :naughty:

T

TTFishon

I think he was kidding as many of Gerbil's threads have received playful info and help. (Probably because there are so many)

Or he might not know any better either. When I was his age I didn't have anyone to inform me of the ethics of fishing and I would've caught and kept them myself.