Vote for Johnson Creek to get a stream restoration grant

B
beaverfan
One of our local stream restoration groups, Johnson Creek Watershed Council (JCWC), is in the running for a grant from River Network to do some salmon habitat improvement at the confluence of the Willamette River and Johnson Creek in Milwaukie, Oregon. JCWC has done a lot of good work over the years restoring Johnson Creek and would, in my opinion, make very good use of this grant. Steelhead were found in this urban watershed in last few years, so this work is both timely and worthy!

Reactions: Irishrover and waco
T
Throbbit _Shane
I voted for it. Since it's the only Oregon one up there. Good luck!

K
Kais
Oh Crap!

Oh Crap!

I voted but for forgot to spread the word but posting on here, thanks beaverfan

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Count my vote! Good job,Jay.

W
waco
Cool i just voted!!!

A
Anyfishisfine
My company's president sent out an email telling everyone to vote for it, so that's probably good for 1,000 if everyone does.

That's how I found out about it.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Got my vote!

R
Ritchie
<---- can't vote :/ but i would vote for it

brandon4455
brandon4455
idk if you can do it if your under 18 but i did :lol: i hope the creek gets a nice facelift and the salmon,steel and trout will start running thick in there :clap:

Reactions: waco
M
Mbressler13
voted!

N
nwkiller
voted and attached it to my facebook for my friends to vote!

M
metalfisher76
Done and FB`ed!

S
Spydeyrch
I have cast my vote!! (little pun there, hehehehe)

-Spydey

G
gordo
This news is about a month old, but thought I'd updated this thread with it anyway so everyone knows what became of this, if you didn't know already. This was an announcement from the Johnson Creek Watershed Council (JCWC):
"JCWC came from behind to win second place and $10,000 for our salmon project. In the last four days of the contest, we received 1600 votes -- more than 1/3rd of our total of 4535 votes. In that time, we went from fourth place to second. The community enthusiasm was tremendous; it was what put us into second place at the end. Here's the official notice from River Network. http://www.rivernetwork.org/news/millercoors-and-river-network-announce-54000-watershed-grants."

Not too shabby!

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
That is terrific thanks for the update!!!!