Visiting Oregon, Where to Fish, Float?

C
cruiserboswells
Hi All,

I am planning a family trip to the great state of Oregon at the end of July and want to get some fishing in. I will be bringing a Drfit Boat, but not looking for a any hard floats. Just some easy tooling around so the kids can ride along. Starting out in White Salmon, WA from visiting family we will head to the coast to south beach state park near Newport. Then off to Corvallis to stay with friends for a few days (maybe fish the santiam??). Then I have 4 days, I was thinking of heading towards the Willamette, Mackenzie area, maybe staying at a reservoir to do some still water fishing, as well as some good tailwaters. And then maybe off to the Klamath area (Williamson River?). We will be camping and any gereat campsite suggestions would be great, especially ones with fishing access. We have the camper on the bed of the truck so I would have to drag up camp to travel to a river for the day, which if we float it we would have to do anyway I guess. Anyway, any info you might have would be great! Thanks again.

Casey

B
buddypdx
sounds like you'll be getting around. that's great. i'm sure you'll have a good ol' time where ever you stop.

there's great places to go in the areas you mention. my only suggestion is to take a look at Oregon River Maps & Fishing Guide.

Troutski
Troutski
Guided trip...

Guided trip...

Let me know when you will be in my area and I will be more than happy to either take you in my boat or show you where you can take yours...I am in the Springfield area and smack dab in between the Mac and Willy, plenty of Fly angling opportunities along with plunking bait and my love; lures....Oh yea, Welcome to OFF...

Chuck

R
redhawk50
Black Canyon Campground near Oakridge, OR would be a nice place to camp. Great fly fishing right off the campground plus you could put your boat in at the boat launch and float into the Lookout Point Res. with the kiddos.

Oh yah one minor detail...trains roaring by on the opposite bank every 30-45 minutes. Good trout fishing though!

Troutski
Troutski
redhawk50 said:
Oh yah one minor detail...trains roaring by on the opposite bank every 30-45 minutes. Good trout fishing though!

Don't think of them as Trains making all that racket, think of it as Ferry Boats sounding there horns during a crossing;) makes for a better experence. The angling is pretty good in that area for the Land Locked Chinook...

Chuck

R
redhawk50
Ferryboats, I like that idea:) There is also Gold Lake (fly-fishing only) and a few other lakes not to far from that Oakridge area that are supposed to have fish. I spent 3 days there just walking the bank from the campground. Really wish I had access to the cable cart to cross the river that is just up river from the campground, water was a bit to deep and strong to cross to what looked like a beautiful run and hole that was unaccessible from river left bank. I made it to the point where I was holding my chest pack up to keep it dry before common sense kicked in and I turned back.

I
ICamel49
Diamond Lake

Diamond Lake

Since you will be going nearby on the way to Klamath Lake, be sure and give Diamond Lake a try!