Video:Walter Wirth nightglow......

• Thread starter Thread starter bigfootfish
  • Start date Start date
B

bigfootfish

Trying out a new bobber for catfish. Went to W. Wirth to try for broods planning then to switch to catfishing. Didn't catch nothing 'cept a sunfish!:lol:
However, the light bobber worked great, casts a mile, can see it really good. Thought I'd try a bobber for cats as I saw an old man in a video on TV catch one big channel cat after another with a bobber. His 4-5 year-old grandson hooked too!!!:D

BFF

[YOUTUBE]O49B-jUGKr8[/YOUTUBE]

BFF we use bobbers a lot when fishing for cats in the snake river(especially using grass hoppers) they are very affective... Usually around july I believe around farewell bend the cats in brownlee will school up getting ready for spawn very near the surface and the only way to catch them is with a bobber...

That lighted bobber is pretty cool.. have you seen the new poles that have bite sensors built in the reels they are pretty cool to especially for night catfishing...

Mike

I actually have the same type of bobber, but I havn't had a chance to use it. Typically when I got nightfishin for cats, I fish off the bottom, and use either a bell, or these little glow-sticks that clip on your pole(those are harder to find though).

nightglow..

nightglow..

GB, thanks. It is pretty cool. And FF, that's good info on the Snake. Those reels that light up are wild. Bite sensors! Awesome. Yentz, I like those clip-ons too. I was getting them a Walmart in Lebanon but they downsized their fishing department and they went bye bye. I think the Sportsmans Warehouse stores might carry them.
This lighted bobber has a tiny battery inside with a tiny light on the end of the battery. Pull the light upward and it clicks on, push and it clicks off. Supposed to run for about 8 hours, I think. Heck, you could just take the battery, and ducttape it to the end of your pole, since the battery is not much thicker than a pencil lead and about 5/8 of an inch long.:D:dance:

BFF

Top Bottom