Video of Lava Island Falls

B
bigfootfish
That Deschutes is a awesome river.

BFF

[YOUTUBE]78s0ERM0T38[/YOUTUBE]
 
S
skunk
I love that river also. So many jems hidden around each corner. Easy to feel like I am the only fisher out when I go there.
 
B
bigfootfish
No kidding, skunk. I would like to become much better acquainted with the Deschutes. From above Crane Prairie to the mouth.

Bff
 
M
Motorcycle Fred
My best friend lives right on the river almost directly across from where this video was taken....
I have taken many-o-fish in that white water.....
 
Irishrover
Irishrover
You can hardly beat the Deschutes it is an awwsome river. To me it's more like a few rivers put together in a chain. You have the upper portion near the lakes with the towering ponderosa pine and smaller river; when the river heads out of Bend you go into the juniper and sage as the river flows through the lower desert all the way down to Lake Billy Chinook and Simtustus. The river is still not large in this section. After the river leaves Pelton Dam and it has picked up the waters of the Crooked and Metolius Rivers it really gains size and becomes a different river. I can never figure out which is my favorite part. That river has so much to offer;)
 
S
skunk
Excellent description irishrover! I really like the lower river above the mouth a ways, and the part out of Bend the best. I haven't tried the upper portion yet, maybe this year I'll give it a go.
 
M
Motorcycle Fred
skunk said:
Excellent description irishrover! I really like the lower river above the mouth a ways, and the part out of Bend the best. I haven't tried the upper portion yet, maybe this year I'll give it a go.

The section above Crane Prairie is absolutely incredible. There is a nice trail beside the river for miles and the brookies up there are some of the most fighting fish I have ever caught. A orange body tied down elk hair caddis in size 16 with 3 or 4 wraps of lead seems to work the best for me.
 
F
flyfisher62000
I am planning a trip to the deshutes in May...........for some trout action..........hopeing to hook some 14-18 inchers............never been there............Rick
 
M
Motorcycle Fred
flyfisher62000 said:
I am planning a trip to the deshutes in May...........for some trout action..........hopeing to hook some 14-18 inchers............never been there............Rick

Let me know when your headed over and which part of the river you want to fish. I might be able to show you some good spots if its during the weekdays.
 
F
flyfisher62000
Motorcycle Fred said:
Let me know when your headed over and which part of the river you want to fish. I might be able to show you some good spots if its during the weekdays.
...............Thanx Fred...........I wanted to float tube Lava lakes & fish the river too.........flyfisher62000@yahoo.com.................Rick
 

Similar threads

The Guides Forecast
Replies
0
Views
902
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
Brad
Replies
3
Views
449
Fishpdx
F
S
Replies
0
Views
435
Sam.stad
S
jenniferwillow
Replies
9
Views
378
Irishrover
Irishrover
Shaun Solomon
Replies
4
Views
437
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Top Bottom