UV - the theory

I
imfishing
WOW!!

I did not even drop a name in my rant. [I guess thats what it turned into]

I was just exercising rule number three in smitty's fishing code which states:

Rule #3. Always carry the message to the angler who still suffers.

But since you chimed in as expected...You could have charged double and people will pay it.

DUDE You got your money...Whats the problem.

Is their some misplaced guilt?

I have know hard feelings about it neither should you.

But I damn well have every right to critique a product that I have purchased and used...So long as it is in the right forum.

Its like when ever some one brings something up its like they are mysteriously conjuring up the steelhead stalker people.

I didn't read anything about steelhead stalkers in this whole thread...yet there you are chiming as if some one is bashing your product.

I just read something in a forum that I choose to frequent, and thought I might reply with some of my own hard earned experience, strength, and hope...And there you are again defending your product.

I personally think good products and services stand on there own...just sayin'

Piece man. Take some breaths...Deep Ones.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
i know for damn sure there are people on here that want to say somthing but won't because they are frightened. but i'm glad the people that decided to say somthing did. kudos to those who let everyone know there opinion about UV materials wether it was good or bad,

brandon

Last edited:
F
fishindude
imfishing said:
wow!!

I did not even drop a name in my rant. [i guess thats what it turned into]

i was just exercising rule number three in smitty's fishing code which states:

But since you chimed in as expected...you could have charged double and people will pay it.

Dude you got you got your money...whats the problem.

But i damn well have every right to critique a product that i have purchased and used...so long as it is in the right forum.

Its like when ever some one brings something up its like they are mysteriously conjuring up the steelhead stalker people.

I didn't read anything about steelhead stalkers in this whole thread...yet there you are chiming as if some one is bashing your product.

I just read something in a forum that i choose to frequent, and thought i might reply with some of my own hard earned experience, strength, and hope...and there you are again defending your product.

piece man. Take some breaths...deep ones.

roflmao:lol::lol::lol:

S
steelhead_stalkers
Just figured people should know how much are in the packages thats all. I respect your critique.

M
mrlindeman
Take anything neon and put it under a UV/Blacklight.... It will glow...!!!!! Duh!!! Its been around for 30 plus years! You want fish to see glowing Light?!?!? Use a glow stick! Trust me I have put many of store purchased pink and yellow yarn under a black light and uv drying light this past week and they all get a uv response from my camera with a UV filter on.

troutdude
troutdude
Modest_Man said:
Heh. I was just looking at their spinners. Do you think they were made to catch fish, or to catch fisherman's eyes? The "INFERNO" and "PREDATOR" lines crack me up. Flames and lightning bolts? And $8.25 each to boot...

All of that fancy bling, is pure HORSE SHIPOOPY to the fish! PERIOD! For spinner fishing, for example, all you need is the correct weight to match the depth. Then make or buy some all brass, some all nickel, and some all black spinners. Add just a small patch of prism tape on the back of the blade (in green, black, red, etc). Maybe put some colored tubing over the hook shank. And go catch some fish.

The bling, is ONLY MADE TO SELL SPINNER, JIGS, YARN, WHATEVER TO THE FISHERMEN. It is NOTHING more, than a PRODUCT on which the producers MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU! It's all about marketing the product, so we'll buy it. PERIOD. And $8.25 for a spinner is ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN' RIDICULOUS!!! I make my own spinners (Jed Davis designs and some minor variations); for over 25 years and have caught HUNDREDS of fish. And, the cost per spinner is well under $2.00 each!

Your honor...I rest my case.

P.S. Sorry, but I KNOW that I KNOW that Jed's designs (and more importantly scientific methodology) WORK! (and so do many others on OFF)

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Diehard said:
what about those socks the oregon ducks have now i think a strip of that would definetly ketch a bunch of stealhead and i just happen to have one!!!

Now that's damn funny! LOL

M
mrlindeman
troutdude said:
All of that fancy bling, is pure HORSE SHIPOOPY to the fish! PERIOD! For spinner fishing, for example, all you need is the correct weight to match the depth. Then make or buy some all brass, some all nickel, and some all black spinners. Add just a small patch of prism tape on the back of the blade (in green, black, red, etc). Maybe put some colored tubing over the hook shank. And go catch some fish.

The bling, is ONLY MADE TO SELL SPINNER, JIGS, YARN, WHATEVER TO THE FISHERMEN. It is NOTHING more, than a PRODUCT on which the producers MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU! It's all about marketing the product, so we'll buy it. PERIOD. And $8.25 for a spinner is ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN' RIDICULOUS!!! I make my own spinners (Jed Davis designs and some minor variations--for over 25 years and have caught HUNDREDS of fish. And, the cost per spinner is well under $2.00 each!

Well Said! If I spend money its going to be the materials to tye a real classic salmon fly. lol I try out of what I have but We all know Im broke lol

troutdude
troutdude
Drew9870 said:
And how often in a Salmons lifetime do they see a radioactive Herring swimming around?

Damn. That's even FUNNIER! You guys slay me! Ha!

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:

The bling, is ONLY MADE TO SELL SPINNER, JIGS, YARN, WHATEVER TO THE FISHERMEN. It is NOTHING more, than a PRODUCT on which the producers MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU! It's all about marketing the product, so we'll buy it. PERIOD. And $8.25 for a spinner is ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN' RIDICULOUS!!! I make my own spinners (Jed Davis designs and some minor variations--for over 25 years and have caught HUNDREDS of fish. And, the cost per spinner is well under $2.00 each!

agreed. there is no arguing this statement that you have made it is 100% true

C
Chedster
imfishing said:
WOW!!

I did not even drop a name in my rant. [I guess thats what it turned into]

I was just exercising rule number three in smitty's fishing code which states:

But since you chimed in as expected...You could have charged double and people will pay it.

DUDE You got your money...Whats the problem.

But I damn well have every right to critique a product that I have purchased and used...So long as it is in the right forum.

I just read something in a forum that I choose to frequent, and thought I might reply with some of my own hard earned experience, strength, and hope...And there you are again defending your product.

Piece man. Take some breaths...Deep Ones.

Dude you're getting way to emotional...It's just yarn. If you don't like it, don't buy it. No need to get into an argument over the internet.

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
hey dave,, remember uv cereal? HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: i'm sure mike does LOL

Holy crap. That's the funniest comment of all (at least so far)!!! LOL

brandon4455
brandon4455
it was somthing mentioned by a certain someone while we were steelhead fishing and we all busted up laughing. theres more to the joke but i'd rather not go ito detail LOL

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
agreed. there is no arguing this statement that you have made it is 100% true

I have a univeristy degree in business, and have been employed in marketing/advertising for many years. I may not be the brightest spinner in the box, but I did pay attention to my profs and mentors.

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
I have a univeristy degree in business, and have been employed in marketing/advertising for many years. I may not be the brightest spinner in the box, but I did pay attention to my profs and mentors.

i like the way you put it. it makes the marketing technique clear and obvious. and when you can catch fish with regular non wacky colors and shades whats the point of paying 4-5$ for an outrageous color or enhanced material ? when you can grab the same general design of lure or whatever in a regular color(s) non enhanced and most likely half the price of the fancy eye catching lure .

heres another thing ive ntoiced from tackle shops and numerous vendors:they usually have a premeire material that catches he eye of fisherman that they use in all there products and they advertise heavily and try to support that it catches fish. this isn't aimed at one lure company ive seen multiple that do this

Last edited:
I
imfishing
You know...I just had a thought about this whole topic.

It is just simple yarn to me. Yep...Yarn with some sparkles...Sprinkles if you will.

But to the people that absolutely bet every thing they had on researching and developing this product...It is like gold, or there child or something.

Not taking anything away from the product its self...It does what they say it does...Its yarn thats been enhanced with another ingredient.

In my world...[Combat Fishing] Its all about the edge, or something different to the fish.

In combat if you can throw something thats "different" then what every one else is throwing "I" think I'll be rewarded with the golden steelhead.

I can purchase any yarn that I want....My only complaint was the amount that came in the little package...[Fish On]

I was going to decide which colors worked best and just buy more of it to make my yarn balls...thats all.

No hard feelings, No pink panty meltdowns...Gosh its just fishing gear...Plain and simple.

If you think you have a superior product cool...I dig capitalism...mostly.

I get it...You are only selling it for what you think the market will bare....Cool.

One suggestion would be to put on the bag, and on your website in red lettering...red UV Lettering:

Contents: One 40 inch strand of what we think is the most but kickinest yarn money can buy...Period.

Then let consumers make there own minds up....

Thats It. After the holidays I will make another purchase from you...That is if you still want my money. Either way I'm good with.

After much thought and fishing I have decided that I will buy black, blue, white and peach, and red, and purple.

And prolly a triple order...Could I get a bulk discount [Kidding]

Thanks.

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
i like the way you put it. it makes the marketing technique clear and obvious. and when you can catch fish with regular non wacky colors and shades whats the point of paying 4-5$ for an outrageous color or enhanced material ? .

Ding ding! Snake oil salesmen come n' go. But, plain old and STANDARDIZED methods and designs have worked decade after decade. And no snake oil was needed.

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
Ding ding! Snake oil salesmen come n' go. But, plain old and STANDARDIZED methods and designs have worked decade after decade. And no snake oil was needed.

;)

troutdude
troutdude
imfishing said:
In combat if you can throw something thats "different" then what every one else is throwing "I" think I'll be rewarded with the golden steelhead.

Oh wait: "side bar, your honor"...

Mr. Prosecutor, you have now landed your argument squarely upon the crux of my position. If the snake oil peeps can make you THINK that it's a "BETTER" product. Then, they will succeed in their evil plot to take over the entire fishing empire...in their quest to become peers of Mr. Gates.

And don't forget about the TOMA principle..."Top of Mind Awareness". The oil guys, will BEAT you to a bloody pulp (w/ REPETITIVE adverting and promotions schemes), until they pound you into buying submission. Hmmm...I think radio and local cable TV ads, 2 times an hour in all day parts out to do the trick. Oh...and let's not forgot to make MULTIPLE posts on the forum while we're at it. It is our CREDO, to hit them from all angles. <pun added for dramatic effect>

Now the defense rests.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
thats why i like small fishing companies that don't advertise there stuff heavily and they don't overprice their stuff. and those companies happen to use regular natural non enhanced items or wacky styles and color schemes. they are concerned about other fishermen having quality gear and their satisfaction, and a little less about money. those other companies that mass produce and advertise wacky stuff everywhere are the ones jay mentioned above, they just want money they don't give a flying **** if the lure breaks or won't catch fish they want money. some of them even pretend to act like they care about your service to keep you buying the product they sell.

Last edited: