Upper Willamette chrome

Papa J.
Papa J.
Looking for Salmon/Steelhead bank fishing spots between Harrisburg and Corvallis, suggestions? Doesn't have to be your secret hole. Popular spots are fine, I'm a combat fishing veteran, I served on the Skokomish, have received 4 Purple Corkies. Seriously, I am a disabled vet so no place where I would have to repel into please,
Much appreciated

Reactions: geofishics
plumbertom
plumbertom
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.2731191,-123.1736814,193m/data=!3m1!1e3
I've been told that this is as good a spot as any along that stretch of river,
Although I was invited to come fish with some folks that lived right there backing up to the river, I never actually got around to giving it a try. But I'm told it's easily accessible, being of limited mobility myself that's an important point for me.

Papa J.
Papa J.
Thanks, that's right up the road. Thought I would try somewhere on the Willie before it forks to the Kenzie. I've heard of sturgeon laying in that stretch too. I'm going to try Irish Bend sometime soon as well, it's supposed to be easily accessible as well.

Reactions: allforthefish and plumbertom
plumbertom
plumbertom
Papa J. said:
Thanks, that's right up the road. Thought I would try somewhere on the Willie before it forks to the Kenzie. I've heard of sturgeon laying in that stretch too. I'm going to try Irish Bend sometime soon as well, it's supposed to be easily accessible as well.
Irish Bend is easily accessible from the park on the inside (West bank) of the bend. The outside of the bend has a steep bluff that makes it difficult if not impossible to fish.

Reactions: FairweatherFisher