Ugly Stik

D
DrTheopolis
Herefishyfishy said:
as happens too often on this site anymore it turned at some point.

In my time here, I've noticed it usually involves one of a couple of people, who I don't need to name. One of them not so much anymore, since a certain incident.

It's unfortunate that there's people whose egos are so fragile they allow them to affect other people.

Reactions: lilsalmon
C
ChezJfrey
halibuthitman said:
...the lame azz sci-fi bomb Buck Rodgers.

Yeah, but when I was 10 or 11, I thought it was cool. Though even at that age, I bet much of it had to do with Erin Gray...yowza! ;)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Y'all need to stick to the thread topic and knock off the stupid stuff. :flex:

D
DrTheopolis
If I wanted to hear someone bragging about... well, everything, while contributing nothing I'd go to that other popular forum.

In my time here, I've tried to help others. It bothers me when the vast majority of a certain members posts are aimed at insulting others (in between the over the top braggadocio) who are just wanting help.

Intolerable.

Reactions: Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
DrTheopolis said:
If I wanted to hear someone bragging about... well, everything, while contributing nothing I'd go to that other popular forum.

In my time here, I've tried to help others. It bothers me when the vast majority of a certain members posts are aimed at insulting others (in between the over the top braggadocio) who are just wanting help.

Intolerable.
Yeppers! :hi: You have the right to state your opinion, too. But, this thread is not going to take a left turn and get off topic while I am awake. You are more than welcome to start a thread regarding your stated opinion and I'm sure it will be a lively one.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
DrTheopolis said:
I take pride in the fact I can catch fish on just about any rod and reel, and I pity anyone who values "river cred."

I just like to fish, and have never seen it as either a contest (except for maybe my inner group of fishing buddies), or a fashion show.

x2

we used ugly sticks a lot in the 90's when both boys ages were in 'single digits', tough rods, sure we broke some but so what...don't use them as much now but I still backpack with my 5', 2 piece, UL ugly stick that I can use to place 00 size spinners within inches of where I want them to land...I also hike with a fiberglass 4 piece Fenwick fly rod that I got in 1973 when I was 12, but that is just for fun on hikes, the ugly stick and spinners always put trout on the campfire...cheers, roger

T
Throbbit _Shane
I caught my 30" Land Locked Chinook on a Ugly stick early in the year. Trolling a Plug. Ugly Sticks have more applications then snagging.

C
catchallthefish
i like ugly sticks they have always done me good cuaght nice fish

O
OnTheDrop
I bet HHM has one or two in the shed hiding...you don't gotta lie..

Lol. They are the $hitzky for browns with rapalas! Light tip and a good back bone for them big body's.

PS- everybody needs to not be so sensitive.. If you don't like what someone says leave the conversation?

18406ej
18406ej
Boyo's,

To err is human, to forgive divine, and to have the common sense and restraint to think about what you are about to post even better.

SteelSalmonKiller makes a halfway valid point in his thread above when he wrote, "...if you don't like what someone says, leave the conversation". The other half of the point would be, "if you can't be civil, don't join the conversation in the first place". I once politely told a disorderly drunk fellow to refrain from causing any further ruckus. When he continued, I approached him again to tell him that he was acting like a dick. He got all huffy and red, telling me that, "nobody tells (him) that (he) is a dick!". Of course I did not call him a dick, I simply reported to him my observations on his conduct.

Such is the Moderator's role, and if you feel that we are in some way calling you a dick you should let us know. It is our aim to be civil and only comment on our perception of how an OFF member's conduct might be interpreted by the majority.

Bottom line: negative statements, whether direct or used in an abstract reference will not be tolerated by OFF moderators or the OFF . Pretty sure I don't need to draw you a picture, especially in light of this thread and the miserable turn that it took just one exit off of the freeway. If you do need me to draw you a picture I will give you this most useful (and paraphrased) illustration:

"I cannot define a negative statement, but I know it when I see it".

Sincerely,

Eamon

Reactions: lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
hmmmm. Can we use the term "Richard" here? Nice post ej. :peace:

18406ej
18406ej
Lilsalmon,

I feel that what the OFF "bleeper" allows, I should use. It all depends one one's tastes, but I feel that whether you write "d-ck" or "f-ck", we all are thinking the whole word in our heads anyway. I do appreciate that the censor catches and blocks some of the obviously "worse" words.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
18406ej said:
Lilsalmon,

I feel that what the OFF "bleeper" allows, I should use. It all depends one one's tastes, but I feel that whether you write "d-ck" or "f-ck", we all are thinking the whole word in our heads anyway. I do appreciate that the censor catches and blocks some of the obviously "worse" words.
My sister used to forbid her teenage kids to use "d-ck head"...they were required to use "Richard Noggin" instead. :sad: Really looses some of the meaning...:lol:just sayin'

H
halibuthitman
Richard Noggin... Best forum name, EVER!!!

C
catchallthefish
thank you every one for staying on topic.....

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
I have used the term "richard john" before.....

B
billfisher
I swear at them, but I use them for Bass fishing after I beat the carp out of them. :thumb:

T
troutmasta
billfisher said:
I swear at them, but I use them for Bass fishing after I beat the carp out of them. :thumb:

richard noggins?

B
billfisher
T
troutmasta
ahhh