Tying jigs?

N
ninja2010
dan, where are you located?

as soon as i put a fish on my bobber/jig setup (hopefully soon), i'll be tying all my own jigs. so i'm gonna need a coach. i thought maybe i could come by your shop or something if you don't mind.

B
BobberDown
m in portland and i dont mind i was thinking about doing some class if people want but if you just want to come hang out and learn to tie thats cool shoot me a pm thanks dan

N
ninja2010
that's cool, dan... but let me put a fish on a jig first, then i'll hit you up for some jig tying material and lessons.

B
BobberDown
keep trying it is a very fun way to fish if you ever want to hit the sandy and go fishing let me know good luck and dont for get to cock your jig that can make the differance
thanks dan

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What did he say?

What did he say?

BobberDown said:
keep trying it is a very fun way to fish if you ever want to hit the sandy and go fishing let me know good luck and dont for get to cock your jig that can make the differance
thanks dan

BobberDown;
Es'suse me? :shock: I may regret this,I know. But...how does one "cock" ones jig? :shock:
Be safe.
Barb

J
JeannaJigs
Raincatcher said:
BobberDown;
Es'suse me? :shock: I may regret this,I know. But...how does one "cock" ones jig? :shock:
Be safe.
Barb
lol. ya offset the hook a bit.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Whew

Whew

JeannaJigs said:

JeannaJigs;
Whew...thanks for es'plainin' that one for me.:lol: Had me worried. Be safe.
Barb

B
BobberDown
JeannaJigs said:

well that basically is it you turn your knot on the jig hook so that the knot is facing the point of the hook it makes the jig tail point slightly up when it drifts makeing the profile to a fish look a lot different to me it al most makes it look like a shrimp kicking stright at you becauise if you where looking at it comeing stright throught the water at you the hed is down and the tail is up and the materal polsating in the water looks a lot like a shrmp swimming i think any way it works and will inprove your hok ups good luck Dan