Two trips to Trillium this weekend, no fish, suggestions?

W
wcanyon
My kiddo and I went to Trillium twice this weekend (long weekend, once on Thurs and once on Sat). Spent a total of ... hmm... 16 hrs there. Got there at 730AM one day and 630AM the next. For all that, no fish. Don't know what was going on, there were some people pulling in fish but very few. I'd say I saw a total of 5 fish come out on Saturday for about 30 people that were fishing from the southernmost tip of the lake. The boaters didn't seem to be having a lot of luck either, but we might've missed it. We tried plunking powerbait eggs, plunking powerbait paste and a worm on about 5 feet of line under a water bobber. Even tried a lure for a bit.

We (the people fishing) had a couple of theories about this.

One, the hatchery fish that had been put in earlier in the week -- Weds eve I think -- were still sluggish from the transistion.

Two, too damn hot. The water was pretty warm, easily warm enough for swimming.

Three, too bright, it was sunny all day and maybe the fish were hiding from predators. The osprey or hawk wasn't having any luck either.

You guys think the combo is enough to keep the fish sluggish and hiding out in the deep water? Pretty close to making a new rule at home: no fishing on days over 75 degrees. Or maybe only fishing at dusk/night on hot days.

T
tangov559
i was there too on sat morning...only a few small ones..not much actions..

I
idahojeff
I hit it this morning. 17 boats on water by 8:30 and 22 by 10. 35-40 "fishermen" hog lined on the dam. Very poor manners by most boaters. I had one row between me(float tube, 25 feet off shore) and the shore. Another boat came with in 10 feet of me twice. Just crazy!! No hello, no sorry...not a word. Saw a few fish being caught. I landed a 10 and 8 stocker before I left pissed. I agree with wcanyon...warm water, tons of pressure...I might return next weekend form TTT2 fun, but might just wait couple three weeks. Course, 3 fish might win that thing. lol!

M
Metoman
Went there today at about noon toady. saw about 40 boats. a bizillion bankers. no place top park. turned around and left hahaha!!

W
wozniasm
If stocked Wednesday, I'd say they should have been acclimated so my theory was the water temp. I've fished there with not a cloud in the sky and that wasn't an issue. If there were a lot of boaters and clear skies, that also may have spooked them...