Tuff fishing.

R
rippin fish lips
It's been somewhat of a tuff year of fishing so far on the home river. Low clear and really cold water is what is making it tuff. The other day on friday i went out for about an hour thinking i had a good chance to get at another good sized Redside rainbow trout, with the water being up.

Got on the water at 6pm, and left at 7pm (was pretty dang content) when i landed this fish after working so hard for 3 weeks tryin to come across anotha.

Got my head fooled by this nice redside, thinking i had hooked my first summer steelhead of 2013 in my favorite area. Put up a great fight and even did some taildancing along with some acrobatic moves. No waders and high water made this catch pretty fun.

One of my favorite shots lately has been the adipose fin shot.
IMG_0499_zps21d376a6.jpg

Here is my favorite.... so much to look at.
IMG_0487_zpse0adee60.jpg

IMG_0489_zpsa3c6d428.jpg

Love this life.

Tanner.

R
rum runner
nice fish man! id like to join you on one of your next trips if its ok. you dont half to show your secret spots or nothing i just want to learn some new things around the area.

madasahab
madasahab
nice fish :)

troutdude
troutdude
A "reel" beauty!

F
Fast Eddie
Beautiful fish

J
jabs67
Awesome fish!!!!

O
OnTheDrop
True beauty of a redside.

Nice job!

E
eugene1
spoon man!

Keep it up, summer runs are coming your way buddy,

R
rippin fish lips
Thanks guys!! I know if i were to start fly fishing it would make it a little easier to get into these fish that are so keyed in on bugs. But just something about, getting a good sized red to bite some hardware feels awesome. This one hit my spoon just like a hot summer would. 1 smack, lure drifts 8 feet, gets to the end of drift and smacked it and just doubles the rod over before the hookset. LOVE all of it. The river sure is making a good comeback when it comes to big trout.

I caught this fella in some chop that i have been watching for the last several years real hard. I would make a few casts to get a feel of the depth and speed at every level for 3 years while fishing other pockets i knew above and below it. This year... changing it up and hitting the chop pocket hard. Not just for reds, bot more so for summers. I know they hold in different spots every year and that every year is different. I believe that i will get one out of the chop this year. not to mention, i now have that hole figured out with spoons and spinners, got every pocket and drift down. just a matter of bein there at the right time.

Will summer steelhead run up side channels with a good amount of depth and flow to them like winter steelhead will doo????

Last edited:
C
ChezJfrey
That is one very pretty fish!