Tualitan River fishing

98nismo
I went out to a few spots from hwy 210 and downstream most everywhere was hard to access the bank. So I went to cook park. I spent 4 hours there in all and caught 3 perch and 2 blue gill.
My question to you is how do I catch anything other then blue gill and perch? I caught the perch with a worm on the bottom reeling it in. And the blue gill on a rooster tail and a worm under a bobber. I tried both pink and dark green plastic worms both Carolina rigged and Texas rigged, kastmasters, roostertails, spinnerbait, live worm on the bottom, and chicken liver on the bottom.
Any suggestions?
I'm going to go back out tomorrow with my kayak.

F
Finneus Polebender

Not sure but fished the tualitin at a park somewhere in tualitin "my bro took me and my neice . Had a couple hits on the ol arbogast jitterbug prob perch they were to small to hook . tried all sorts of my bass gear LM and SM types with no luck , hear they are in there though just couldnt entice them that day . hope someone can chime in with some better help for ya .

98nismo
Thanks for your reply. I saw tons of fish jump they were eating any bug that landed on the water it was pretty cool to watch. I think I may go closer to the mouth. Or up stream to rood ridge park. Oh and it hurts to pull a razor sharp hook with the barb out of my finger, I got to use my first aid kit though haha

B
beaverfan
If they're hitting bugs you could always use a fly and bobber.

98nismo
I tried that but I didn't have any flys that float. Something I suppose I should get some

D
dangerranger
Alright... So Ive been fishing the tualatin a lot lately. Mostly from the bank but once on a raft. From the bank I walked from tualatin park back to the bridge and fished there.. cought two small largemouths on kastmasters. There a some monster bass in that stretch between cook park and tualatin park... weve been hooked up to one and have seen em jumpin. The best thing we have found is a nightcrawler threaded onto you hook with no weight and just let it sink.. cought bass and catfish that way. hope that helps you out

98nismo
Awesome I'll try that thanks. I don't know where tualitan park is but ill look. I caught my first bass Agee weeks ago at hagg and I have been trying to chase them ever since.

D
dangerranger
Yeah i cought my first one about a month ago on the tualatin. Tualatin park is right off tualatin rd right next to the skate park..