Trout opener

J
JASMINE
For sure Hagg! I wont fish walter wirth or walling pond ever!!! Plus even when Hagg is busy you can usually still find a spot where you are not standing on top of the next guy!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Simtustus...........with a green wooly bugger or green rooster tail! Before the opener it will be Chickahominy as soon as the ice comes off.

Z
ZeeBorn
Mike123 said:
Springer fishing the Santiam and Willamette! :D haha..

Nah.. I will probably fish East Lake at least once. I still want to get into a trophy sized brown trout.

I have never been to East or Paulina for ice out although I have always wanted to. For trophy browns that's the place to be! I got my trophy out of east lake back in July of 96 it was 34" and 12lbs. It's the only fish I have had mounted.
As for what water I'll be fishing opening day, maybe the Collawash river. I haven't gotten anything real big out of there but its a nice river to fly fish and they are feisty!

O
OnTheFly
ZeeBorn said:
I have never been to East or Paulina for ice out although I have always wanted to. For trophy browns that's the place to be! I got my trophy out of east lake back in July of 96 it was 34" and 12lbs. It's the only fish I have had mounted.
As for what water I'll be fishing opening day, maybe the Collawash river. I haven't gotten anything real big out of there but its a nice river to fly fish and they are feisty!

I hope to make it up to East Lake this season. Is your picture the Brown trout you mounted?

D
dude young
OnTheFly said:
Is your picture the Brown trout you mounted?

Ahem... ...family forum here :lol::lol::lol:

B
bigsteel
dude young said:

:lol::lol::lol:

O
OnTheFly
dude young said:

Ha! You're right! What was I thinking! My mind must have been in the Columbia Slough.:D

W
wormosa
Y
yakker2
hagg lake,not so much for fishing but to watch the show.well worth the price of admission.

B
bd2cool
Is your picture the Brown trout you mounted?

:lol::lol: He said mounted! :lol: :lol:

troutdude
troutdude
My favorite first time spots are Olalla Reservoir and / or Big Creek Reservoirs. There are healthy hold-overs in those waters.

And I don't know if I should admit my full addiction to trout fishing...but, I'm planning to hit the Sheridan Pond at the end of January. They're only small truck trout, and it's not very scenic (a Federal Penn. on the south side). But, if I don't whet a line SOON; I'm going to need a huge dose of Methadone to quell my withdrawal symptoms!:doh:

And, I'll be able to use my newly acquired 5' hollow glass Lamiglas ultralight rod for them too! :dance:

T
Throbbit _Shane
LMAO I didn't know they prescribed methadone for fishing withdraws that hilarious. :D

Z
ZeeBorn
yakker2 said:
hagg lake,not so much for fishing but to watch the show.well worth the price of admission.
Show? What am I missing here?

Y
yakker2
the three ring circus.the boat launch,the bank fisherman,the boats on the lake.

Z
ZeeBorn
Ah, got it. I have never been out there for the opener. Didn't think it would be that big of a deal.

O
Oncorhynchus
Exited and hatchery trout not two words i use together very often lol. I will be at hagg on opening day if the rivers are to high to fish.

E
eggs
beaverfan said:
I'm sure I'll hit up Harriet a couple times and of course Olallie when it's reachable.

Same and on a weekly basis Sat and Sun.

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
eggs said:
Same and on a weekly basis Sat and Sun.

McKenzie River if it is in shape. O'Dell Lake if snow is not blowing sideways.