Trout in streams around Sandy

L
learning2fishtrout
Hi,
I'm new to the trout fishing game, mainly fished bass in the past. Looking for a few good places around the Sandy area to fish for trout in streams using lures. I guess streams within an hour or so of Portland. Doesn't need to be Sandy, just like the area. Any good rivers/creeks/spots you could recommend where I can park and walk up the stream fishing trout for a ways? Really appreciate any help. Thanks

Solution
Irishrover
Your best bet will be over in the Clackamas drainage near North Fork reserviour.. Lake in the Mt Hood area offer trout, like Laurence, Frog, Clear, and Timothy.
Irishrover
Irishrover
Your best bet will be over in the Clackamas drainage near North Fork reserviour.. Lake in the Mt Hood area offer trout, like Laurence, Frog, Clear, and Timothy.

Solution
L
learning2fishtrout
Irishrover said:
Thank you. I just fished North Fork on Saturday as I think I was a bit early and a lot of gates were closed. Looking for access around there to the river, or any fairly close river for some bobber doggin/floating for steelhead now, if you have any ideas.