Trout fishing with spoons.

S

SamV

Does anybody have any tips for catching trout with spoons?

Grant22

Grant22

Lil Cleo spoons are my favorite, you can fish them in current or still water. They are extremely versatile little lures. I guess Kastmasters are technically spoons also and I would highly recommend those too. The thing with spoons is that you want to fish them slow, they will start to spin if they go to fast and that isn't really fishing them effectively.

troutdude

troutdude

Lil Cleo spoons are my favorite, you can fish them in current or still water. They are extremely versatile little lures. I guess Kastmasters are technically spoons also and I would highly recommend those too. The thing with spoons is that you want to fish them slow, they will start to spin if they go to fast and that isn't really fishing them effectively.
DING DING DING!!! I've been using Little Cleo's for a few decades now. You can cover a lot of water with spoons that you can't, with other methods too. And I agree...go slow and low with your spoons.

Getting a copy of this book, will help to get you up to speed.

1621525368393.png

Grant22

Grant22

DING DING DING!!! I've been using Little Cleo's for a few decades now. You can cover a lot of water with spoons that you can't, with other methods too. And I agree...go slow and low with your spoons.

Getting a copy of this book, will help to get you up to speed.

View attachment 627911
Lots of steelhead techniques can be applied to trout too

hobster

hobster

78D1EA8D-CD77-411B-A9B1-CB59C6412AA4.jpeg
This is my go to for trout. Thomas Buoyant spoons are the best for trout in my opinion. Can’t go wrong. I strictly use cleos for steelhead, they are the bees knees for steel. I’m pretty sure Thomas’ are cheaper and easy to find in small trout sizes. @troutdude has the best advice, that book is the Bible of spoon fishing. Slow and low baby!

troutdude

troutdude

View attachment 627912
This is my go to for trout. Thomas Buoyant spoons are the best for trout in my opinion. Can’t go wrong. I strictly use cleos for steelhead, they are the bees knees for steel. I’m pretty sure Thomas’ are cheaper and easy to find in small trout sizes. @troutdude has the best advice, that book is the Bible of spoon fishing. Slow and low baby!
THIS! I'll be dropping some Thomas Buoyant's OFF of the Detroit Dam tomorrow morning!

When still fishing they can be dropped into the still water and retrieved or jigged. Fish will attack them, primarily, on the drop.

M

MrMatt923

Kastmaster and Thomas Bouyant for me. McKenzie river, cast out... Let sink a touch, then jerk to straighten and real slow. Fish either hit on fall or sometime on slow retrieve.

Top Bottom