Trout fishing Salmon Creek?

S
Stoods
Hey All~

Wondering if anyone has had success fishing Salmon Creek either upstream or downstream from the campground? (Above Oakridge, off highway 58). If so, what did you fish?

Also - the fiance and I are going up to Blair Lake as soon as it opens. It's not stocked anymore, but I'm curious if anyone has fished this tiny lake and, if so, what worked.

Cheers,

Stoods

O
Outdrsmn
I have caught a few off of salmon creek above the falls. Just hit all the side roads off the main road till you hit the creek. I have fished both worms and flies there and caught some on both. You might also try black further up the road from salmon. it is hard access but there are some fish in there.

Blair lake is full of brookies. I have only fished from the bank with a worm floated off the bottom with goos success. Nothing to big, but still fun.

S
Stoods
No luck on Salmon Creek over the weekend. The water is really moving up there right now - way more than I had expected. Fished for many hours at 3 different spots with not even a bite.

Given the volume of water in the creek right now, I'm thinking a majority of the stocked fish were swept downstream. Going to try again later in the year.

T
Troutier Bassier
Trout

Trout

c&R some trout there in august

The little guy is me.
The other is MAMBA or Alexy.
Profesional Walleye/Zander fisherman from Volgograd, Russia

Last edited by a moderator:
Troutski
Troutski
Memories...

Memories...

Man do those pictures bring back some great memories, I even know where you were fishing at. Been there many times ...Great place for a day of catching...

Chuck

T
Troutier Bassier
Ha! The last one was put in a Magazine.

F
FernRidgeChamp
My dad had pulled a 14" trout from the pool under the large fall just outside of the campground. The trout had amazing colors, burnt orange, silver and lavender. Truly amazing. About the same time my sister and I just pulled two more about 8-10" a few yards down where the creek widens over the rocks. No more luck after that short half hour experience.

Return trips yielded nothing.

FRC

Troutski
Troutski
Year round...

Year round...

The cool thing is they (ODFW) changed the regs. this year on that creek; it use to close on October 31st and open again on the opening day of Trout season in April...now it is open for Trout all year long. Quite the bonus for us in the lower valley. It can get rather dangerous in the Winter at times, but the fishing for holdovers is wonderful.
Thanks again for the memories...:clap:

Chuck