Trout fishing at Hagg lake

T
Turtle22
I tried the C ramp a few days ago, but I had no luck. Where is the best place to fish for trout at Hagg right now with the water so low?

troutdude
troutdude
My friends, and I, were there in mid September. Fishing was utterly dismal for trout. Surface temp was almost 70 degrees. So the trout were hugging the bottom. We'd see big fish, on our finder, come up from the bottom (as if they saw our lures/bait). But then veer OFF quickly, and go back down. Where the water is cooler.

I saw, I believe, a successful report on the Washington County P & R facebook page. That fisherman did quite well. But I don't know where he was fishing. I can't seem to find that page/report now though.

T
Turtle22
troutdude said:
My friends, and I, were there in mid September. Fishing was utterly dismal for trout. Surface temp was almost 70 degrees. So the trout were hugging the bottom. We'd see big fish, on our finder, come up from the bottom (as if they saw our lures/bait). But then veer OFF quickly, and go back down. Where the water is cooler.

I saw, I believe, a successful report on the Washington County P & R facebook page. That fisherman did quite well. But I don't know where he was fishing. I can't seem to find that page/report now though.
Ok thanks for the info!

Reactions: troutdude
bass
bass
If you walk down the non-functioning boat ramp (between ramp A and the dam) you will be fishing a deep water swing bank. I have not been out but I would recommend fishing there to the dam or across the lake at the other corner of the dam. Those places will have deeper and cooler water that you can reach from the bank.

Reactions: troutdude