Tributary spring/summer salmon bank fishing

C
Chrisd1990
I was hoping to start a discussion of 2021 spring/summer salmon fishing on the banks of tributaries. Fish pictures, methods, river updates, etc. I have one season of experience but had some decent luck on bobber and bait. I know spinners and twitching jigs are popular for springers but what other methods work in tributaries from the bank? 20200605_082436.jpg
20200605_060628.jpg

Reactions: Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Found my first Willamette trib springer yesterday. She fell for shrimp and eggs. Not from the bank but hopefully the first of many. This was a river I'd never fished before. Friday we scouted it out and floated almost 30 miles. Saturday we fished from daylight until 10:30 and found 1.

Reactions: allforthefish, Old Cole and C_Run
C_Run
C_Run
jamisonace said:
Found my first Willamette trib springer yesterday. She fell for shrimp and eggs. Not from the bank but hopefully the first of many. This was a river I'd never fished before. Friday we scouted it out and floated almost 30 miles. Saturday we fished from daylight until 10:30 and found 1.
You found a needle in the haystack.

jamisonace
jamisonace
C_Run said:
You found a needle in the haystack.
Wasn't too far from your house.

C_Run
C_Run
jamisonace said:
Wasn't too far from your house.
!!! I suck at springer fishing. Hundreds a day going by but I can never find one.

S
smadden
Anyone have any experience bank fishing the Alsea River for springers? I just moved to the area so I have no experience.

C
Chrisd1990
First bank springer of the year for me. Gotta love when they come in shiny!

Reactions: allforthefish, bd2cool and Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Took a client out today and found him a limit. Really nice shape.

Reactions: Admin and bd2cool
C
Chrisd1990
Low water biter. Screenshot_20210526-062710_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: jamisonace, bd2cool, Grant22 and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
No pics but we got 2 of 3 on Thursday. Numbers aren't great but I've been pleased with the number of biters we're finding. I just wish we had more commit. I think we had 7 bites that didn't stick.

Reactions: C_Run
jamisonace
jamisonace
I never take pics of the fish but managed to remember a pic before I vacuum packed this one. Picked up a couple more. First was a buck that could have cut bad but ended up being a grilled. This was the second and it couldn't have cut better. Not bad for almost July and 200 miles from salt water.