Transporting fresh catch

T
Thuggin4Life
not if you get caught but it is good for the environment and the right thing to do just toss them in the crrent not in the slack at the boat ramp or near a park.

U
USCGAUXHinkle
ya... i never understood that law... i really don't see how cleaning your fish in the river is a danger...

808steelheader
Thanks guys for clarifying on this, I wasn't real clear from reading the fishing regulations. I agree, I would have thought that throwing fish guts in the river would provide food for insects and such, just like when salmon die in the river. I wonder if ODFW is concerned about folks throwing fish guts from other watersheds into a river and introducing disease and contaminants?

T
Thuggin4Life
808steelheader said:
Thanks guys for clarifying on this, I wasn't real clear from reading the fishing regulations. I agree, I would have thought that throwing fish guts in the river would provide food for insects and such, just like when salmon die in the river. I wonder if ODFW is concerned about folks throwing fish guts from other watersheds into a river and introducing disease and contaminants?

No its all about making the boat ramps and park "enjoyable" and clean of fish guts in sight siting in the slack for all to see being an eyesore.