Took 2 cute girls home this morning

R
RunWithSasquatch
:thumb:

4 for 6 this weekend, that will work.

Critter chasing buddy and I went 2 for 4 Saturday.

Then I went on a solo mission bound on destruction this morning. Couple of good looking hens hopped on board and wanted to go home with me.

Missed a couple of bobber downs in the process rubber-necking at the parade up stream.

Seems like the water temp has dropped some recently with these cold mornings and the fish are taking a little more coaxing. Or maybe its just me.

Here are some photo's:

Saturdays fun:

DSCF0711_zpsf42e8624.jpg

DSCF0712_zps32f0ffd2.jpg

DSCF0713_zps4c7d23c7.jpg

DSCF0716_zps1c4d25e1.jpg

I ended up getting a little wet over this small buck. I waded out over one of my favorite plug runs and was fortunate enough to force feed the fish.

The rock I like to stand behind was mumified in fishing line. I could not believe how much line people were breaking off... looked like each one was 20'-30' long, just nuts.

Anyway, in the fire-drill that came after, I got tangled up in other peoples crap and fell over in the river. Lucky enough it didn't go down my waders. Water was probably a little high for me to be where I was anyway. :)

DSCF0717_zps6fb0cb5c.jpg

Went solo this morning, ran into the same dude I met last Monday, and we both proceeded to pound out our limits.

I netted his, and he netted mine. I like it when my coffee is still warm in my mug when I head back home.

FISH:

DSCF0724_zps71dd2c0f.jpg

DSCF0728_zps0060b082.jpg

DSCF0729_zpsdeb64e13.jpg

DSCF0732_zps9956c44a.jpg

Reactions: Admin
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
man, those are some nice shiny fish...

C_Run
C_Run
Pretty good for someone with limited time. (I'd be ashamed if anyone saw my tag right now.) Any word on what tidewater is like over there these days? I want to take one more stab at it from the kayak this year. I told my friend to look at your last post. He's trying for his first salmon and doesn't know how to tell coho from Chinook yet.

E
eugene1
Great looking fish and scenery!

Your killin it.

T
TimberTodd
Those gals are lookers.

O
OnTheDrop
Nice fish man. I'm gunna stab at er wednesday.

How you like that Toro? I'm running a similar set up but a Daiwa Lexa in place of your toro. ( Little Cheaper ) the drag is insane. Reminds me a lot of the toro/e series curados.

Keep layin' into em.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Bright fish and looks like a few sea lice on the to boot. Those will be great on the plate!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Thanks All.

SteelmonKiller20 said:
How you like that Toro?

The Toro is good. The drag is sweet, smooth. Cast's great.

I just dont like how low the gear ratio is. Wish I could gain ground faster. Day dreaming about trying to find different gears to speed her up.

O
OnTheDrop
What ratio is that one?

F
FG_Fishing8
I'd put my hook in em...

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
T
Tacomasteelheader
change the internal gears to make it faster (easy)

[/QUOTE]The Toro is good. The drag is sweet, smooth. Cast's great.

I just dont like how low the gear ratio is. Wish I could gain ground faster. Day dreaming about trying to find different gears to speed her up.[/QUOTE]

J
JeannaJigs
RunWithSasquatch said:
I just dont like how low the gear ratio is. Wish I could gain ground faster. Day dreaming about trying to find different gears to speed her up.

Amen. Same problem with Ambassadeurs. They are solid and built like tanks, but the low gear ratio at times infuriating.

Those are some great looking fish. There sure were a lot of chromers around last week. Few dark nasties but not as many as I was expecting for this low water.

R
RunWithSasquatch
SteelmonKiller20 said:
What ratio is that one?

Its like a 5:1... which is fine. The more I fish, the more I like faster line retrieval vs. torque. I tip my rod towards the fish when I crank anyways. Im thinking a 6:1 or a 7:1 is more for me.

Tacomasteelheader said:
change the internal gears to make it faster (easy)

Yeah... Some people talk about it, and some people do it....

I guess I better just do it.

JeannaJigs said:
There sure were a lot of chromers around last week. Few dark nasties but not as many as I was expecting for this low water.

Still coming in strong, I think its because of the water temps.

I hooked the first "darker" fish of the season monday for me.... and It wasn't even that dark.

The next rain should be as productive and fun as the last.

Oh, I also seen a first, and I kind of liked it. Or, I appreciated it any way.

Ive seen Fanny packs, back packs, tackle boxes. Ive seen a lot of different ways to haul your gear around.

But last Saturday I seen a guy with a hunting pack frame, and he pretty well had about everything you could think of on it. Tackle box, lunch box, clothes... I didn't get to see what all...

O
OnTheDrop
You should try a Daiwa Lexa.. Mine is a 7:1 and is great for catching up on bobber downs. Especially in deep water. I'm sure they make toros in higher ratio though.

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
RunWithSasquatch said:
But last Saturday I seen a guy with a hunting pack frame, and he pretty well had about everything you could think of on it. Tackle box, lunch box, clothes... I didn't get to see what all...

Saw that guy last Thursday. Had to have been the same guy, I was blown away. And then jealous as I was gill fisting my fish to my rig he had everything neatly stuffed, fish included, in this hunting pack.

W
wozniasm
Xcellent job!!!!
:worthy::worthy::worthy: