Today won't ever be beat.

G
GDBrown
Way to go Jigs! :D So glad you had a great day OFF the land and on the water. It's nice to see that Jay and his dad are still at it as well. Haven't heard much from him on the forum lately but if he's out on the water I can see why he is so quiet. I'm very impressed that you landed a springer and a dino in the same day as both are worthy advisaries for the likes of us humans.

GD

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Great write up Jigsy. Glad to see that you had an epic day! Can't wait to see that video of the sea monster from the dark waters.

L
lilsalmon
Got permission from one person to post this....hope Jeanna doesn't mind...what a fishy......

T
TimberTodd
Thats awsome! Congrats on the epic day.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
HOT DAMN! That's a big fish, Jeanna!!!

N
ninja2010
awesome report of an epic day... you go, girl!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Damn! Way to go, Jeanna! :clap: Definitely worth having rubber band arms for a while...:D

J
JeannaJigs
Thanks for posting that rose! I just got back from the high lakes. Still can't believe I caught that thing!!! And that springer was oh so tasty, all gone now.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
Thanks for posting that rose! I just got back from the high lakes. Still can't believe I caught that thing!!! And that springer was oh so tasty, all gone now.

...and the sturgeon adventures begin.... :D

J
JeannaJigs
Nah it was fun and epic as ever but my heart is in clean clear streams, not poo water. Besides, I already caught the fish of a lifetime. It was an amazingly good time that I will never forget. Ever. I was thinking about it all weekend and looked at this beautiful little brown I got and thought...you crappy little fish you didn't fight at all. It's ruined my perception of fighting fish.

Lol yeah. That will happen. It comes back, but incidents like that is essentially what drove me to light tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Oops. Wrong button. ^^^ LOL

J
JeannaJigs
Double you tee eff?! Don't be adding to my posts!! lol.

I run light gear trouting, but i can count on one hand how many times a year I do that. I am not a fan of still water at all (this weekend confirmed it), and if I'm on a river, I know there's bigger fish to fry than a trout so I run heavier. It's a filthy addiction.

S
Sinkline
JeannaJigs said:
Double you tee eff?! Don't be adding to my posts!! lol.

I run light gear trouting, but i can count on one hand how many times a year I do that. I am not a fan of still water at all (this weekend confirmed it), and if I'm on a river, I know there's bigger fish to fry than a trout so I run heavier. It's a filthy addiction.

:(......(JK :lol:)

Randy

J
JeannaJigs
LOL sorry, I tried. I really, wholeheartedly tried. It was just driving me crazy fighting wind, trying to keep the boat where I wanted it, trying to fish...I just couldn't get into it. I love rivers, it's where i belong. Now trillium, that was fun, but that was some amazing fish action. This weekend...I had one single fish. it was epically slow. Kokanee fishing was amazing...way out in the middle of the main lake about 2 miles from where I was lol. All more than a pound, fat bright vicious kokes. Just none for me. If I had a motor, i'd be more down to fish the still water. Maybe. at least for kokanee. But no motor left me pretty restricted to where I could go.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
LOL sorry, I tried. I really, wholeheartedly tried. It was just driving me crazy fighting wind, trying to keep the boat where I wanted it, trying to fish...I just couldn't get into it. I love rivers, it's where i belong. Now trillium, that was fun, but that was some amazing fish action. This weekend...I had one single fish. it was epically slow. Kokanee fishing was amazing...way out in the middle of the main lake about 2 miles from where I was lol. All more than a pound, fat bright vicious kokes. Just none for me. If I had a motor, i'd be more down to fish the still water. Maybe. at least for kokanee. But no motor left me pretty restricted to where I could go.

Obviously, you just need to drink more. Drunk fishing fixes everything that's wrong with the water.

T
TTFishon
Nice salmon and sturgeon Jeanna!!! You caught more than I did Saturday.

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
Obviously, you just need to drink more. Drunk fishing fixes everything that's wrong with the water.

drunk fishing didn't help the fishing this weekend...it just made me a ra-tard, and made me more agitated that the fish were being lockjawed buttholes.

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
Nice salmon and sturgeon Jeanna!!! You caught more than I did Saturday.

Thanks Ted! I was surprised the fishing was so spotty. I had low expectations for myself but figured you woulda got into a couple just based on how well you've done previously.

troutdude
troutdude
Jeanna, I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned yet; that you caught that brute w/ your Dora rod!!!

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Thanks Ted! I was surprised the fishing was so spotty. I had low expectations for myself but figured you woulda got into a couple just based on how well you've done previously.

Yeah, I wasn't really into it for some reason.