Timothy Lake - how the fishing has been?

X
X24
I've never been to Timothy lake and have been wondering how the fishing is. Has anyone been up there recently, within the past week or two?

Is there any good shore fishing up there? We will have a canoe as well, I just like to a bit of both land and boat fishing.

From reading the forum it looks like wedding rings with night crawlers are the ticket.... Any other lure/bait selections?

O
OnTheFly
Can't tell you what bait or lures work but I can tell you about a good spot. If you are entering Timothy from Hwy 26 and Skyline drive over the dam and veer right. About 200 yards in, the road ends at a trail but there is a great spot to launch a canoe. Fish that entire side of the lake about 50 yards from shore and go into the small lagoons too. If you're on foot take the trail. There you will find plenty of bank fishing opportunities. The trail continues around the lake for a 13 mile hike.

R
R.Gertken
Are you fishing from shore or in a boat?

R
R.Gertken
Long day at work. I read right over that you have a canoe. From shore I would fish by the dam. Worms will work great. By canoe I would go by gone creek campground and troll through the arm of the lake there that the creek feeds into. I've caught rainbows and brookies back there. I've done really well on dry flys at dusk there too. Good luck! Let us know how it went, its been about a month or so since I've been there.

X
X24
Does anyone know if there is cell phone reception there?

Also thank you for the info.

R
R.Gertken
No cell phone service