Timber Linn triploid already caught

B
bigsteel
a gentleman from albany caught the 15.4lb triploid with powerbait and 4 test line................sorry troutdude looks like well have to wait for more,,,,looks like the 29lber is still available.

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
Does he know that he is now the new state record holder.

B
bigsteel
is that the record????

B
beaverfan
Yup the previous was 28lbs

B
bigsteel
oops he caught the 15.4 lb triploid not the 29lber,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my bad

R
rainbowfisherman
So theres still a bigger one?

B
bigsteel
the 29lber is still available

T
Thuggin4Life
tripliod or brooder? I also don't think that brooders would count for a new state record.

B
bigsteel
Thuggin4Life said:
tripliod or brooder? I also don't think that brooders would count for a new state record.

triploid

L
lilsalmon
i got dibs...going to go there with my 6 wt....:lol:

T
the_intimidator03
Well regardless these large fish were kept AT the hatchery for years attaining these big sizes regardless of being a brooder or triploid. It is kind of a grey area IMO but once they are in the water i dont think there is a way to tell the difference between a BIG trout and a big brooder. Triploids you gotta gut em to tell the difference. Regardless 15 lb trout on 4 lb test. great catch by any standard. may the 29 lb'er come to a youngin

troutdude
troutdude
Good luck LilSalmon. A 29 pounder on your 6 wt. will be something to remember!!!

T
TTFishon
I'm with Thuggin. A big fish indeed, but a record...No.

C
czoom
I wish I could catch the 29lber !!! :)

B
beaverfan
TTFishon said:
I'm with Thuggin. A big fish indeed, but a record...No.

I'm with you guys too.

T
Thuggin4Life
Ok so if it is a triploid why would they even raise it to such a big size since it would benifit the hatchery in no way whatsoever? Bigsteel not argueing with ya just confused. It makes no sense for a non reproducing fish to be raise to such a size for so many years in a hatchery.

B
bigsteel
its just a reason to get people excited about fishing,,,i myself prefer native cutthroat i like to fish rivers.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah I hate hatchery trout and have yet to ever fish a stocker pond.

T
TTFishon
Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Triploids are raised and can be used in other bodies of water to not interfere with native fish reproduction. They also grow faster so they are more cost effective being that you can raise fish to a larger size faster and they are also better eating.