Three "new" things you've learned about fishing this year

H
hunt-fish-trap
1)I learned that if you go for a weekend of fishing and you sleep in ur rig, lock ur doors! cuz the way they wake you up after you slept through ur alarm is not fun. not fun at all.
2)always bring spare plugs for the kicker and the wrench to put them in.
3)the more basic you keep it, the more fish you catch

H
halibuthitman
Number 3. Good advice!

G
GDBrown
Here are three things that don't relate to fishing that I learned

1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience.
2. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
3. Genius has it's limits... Stupidity does not!

Courtesy of my brother!

Sorry for the side track but I couldn't resist.

W
waco
Ok here is what I learned this season
a) fishing can be very addicting
b) you never have enough you always want another rod & reel!
c) can't think of a third one!

R
rippin fish lips
Ohh jeez... I learned so much this year thanks to OFF!! Ilovedisforum. I could just easily go into a rant of what i learned this year. I will post the top 3 things i learned.

1) Wading most of the time/walking down about 3-5 miles of river in one day in one day takes a toll on your body, and is very sketchy at some parts. I thought i was gunna die in some parts of the river! keep your mind on the river while wading. (if in doubt, dont wade!!)

2) I have learned just about the whole upper mac has steel in it almost everywhere. also if you fish the real real tuff spots in the mac, (super fast water with a lot of boulders, fast water, walking speed, even sluggish, over hanging trees) Basiclly most of the water that "most" ppl over look, you will and should find great success if you put the time in.

3) I learned that in most cases, if you are fishing low clear water for steelies and casting spoons/spinerrs. That if you hold your rod at a 90 degree angle and "mend" your line, your catch ratio will increase over time. Get to know how your lure flips/spins in every type of current it goes through, Little cleos play mind games with you sometimes!!