This is the way it works with poachers.. etc

B
beaverfan
halibuthitman said:
I bet a lot more poachers would get turned in if you got big game prefrence points for fishing violations.

I know this is old but I thought I'd point out that if you call the tip line and the guy gets convicted of a fish/game violation you are entitled to a reward. Can't recall exactly how much but I think it was between 100-200 bucks. You just have to mention to the officer that you are interested in the reward. I'll google around and see if I can't find more info.

Ok so I just found it online. You can get 100.00 bucks if the person is found guilty.

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Shouldn't the reward be the satisfaction of putting an end to a poacher :D

G
GDBrown
I saw the same thing down on the Wilson river a few years ago while steelhead fishing. I stood on a bluff overlooking the water and watched a bunch using a casting net and they successfully landed a steelhead. I got them to look up at me and acted like I was impressed with their success. Then wrote down the license of the only vehicle in the area and went to call ODFW. A State Trooper met me and we tried to find them unsuccessfully. The Officer called me later that evening to let me know that they had been tracked to an apartment in Beaverton where they had a freeze full of fish that they admitted catching with the casting net...... Book 'em Dano.

Reactions: metalfisher76
M
Mbressler13
So the rumors are true about that park for poaching. Too bad considering it is a great place for beginners to fish. I was out there on Monday and the bite was definitely off. Wonder why...

C
colbypearson
Growbug said:
Went there for first light this morn and there was a older teenager using a throwing net on pond 6 near the deep part.
I backed off without even talking to him and called 911 and ODFW Poachers line.
The car with flashing lights was at the entrance in 10 mins.

I was so disgusted and put out of my nice mood by all of this i just left after telling the guys where and what was happening.

I implore all of you to do the same phone calls if you see things like this.

awesome!!!! way to take a stand :D

T
Thuggin4Life
f the guy who did this. And i have to admit that i catch a lot of trout but never do i keep stockers or follow the truck or go to places where the stock is often and or recent. I ish for real fish. and i can't beleave the things that poachers do for stocked trout. if i wanted to poach stocked trout i would raid a hatchery at night.... oh wait i have or have i... ant remember. retartded poacers. next time at least take a pickup bed full of stell fom the fish trap not a net ful of oatmeal pellet heads that taste like mushy imitation fish.

Way to go I would have stayed and waited for the sign of the cops then talked so much **** they woulld have left or got f'ed up and the calvary would be right be hind me. too funyy specially the guy wit hthe rat post. I am way more of a criminal than you and still find the humor in this. too many retards trying to eat pellet heads. would be asier to to a fish run at 7 11 than go rip of the stocker pond.

K
kick_bass
I used to fish those ponds a lot, no wonder you can't find big bass in there anymore. Good job catching him!

F
FISHerMAN321BOOM
Im gonna be fishing there a lot pretty soon. Hopefully nobody poaches otherwise im gonna call odfw hotline. Great job everybody that reports poachers. :)