Thinking of heading over to Maupin Sunday or Monday

S
spmpdr
Any takers????? Whats working up there for browns and redsides??? Is it fly fishing only there???Ive heard a lot of great things about the area and am dying for a good fishing adventure!!! the spot here in he middle d where i go has a cougar warning there now so im avoiding going there for a while....any help is greatly appreciated.... i live in terrebonne if anyone wants to head with me from C.O. i take care of the gas if you take care of lunch or something or let me know.......

B
bigsteel
october caddis should be showing well by now,,fish are probably eating spent caddis in the early morning good luck

S
spmpdr
bigsteel said:
october caddis should be showing well by now,,fish are probably eating spent caddis in the early morning good luck

thanks for the info ,im not sure what a spent caddis is could you elaborate more for me . thanks in advance

S
spmpdr
Is there some spots closer to terrebonne that i might go to rather than driving all the way to maupin??? like between madras and maupin???

F
FlyBum
spmpdr said:
Is there some spots closer to terrebonne that i might go to rather than driving all the way to maupin??? like between madras and maupin???

Mecca Flats would be the closest and most likely best place to head right now for trout!

S
steelhead_slayer
Not too many browns down there. you'll have to stay above LBC if you want a good chance of catching a brown. Mecca flats is a good area to fish, and the next closest spot would be trout creek. I was on the river last week and the risers were more concentrated on little bugs. The redsides were hitting good and there are some steelhead up that far now also

Reactions: Raincatcher
S
spmpdr
so heres my report::::: MAUPIN SUCKED!!!I fished all day long for 2 days and didn't get one hit!!!!! on top of that i spent 56.00 on the fly's the local shop recommended... i dont think i would fish for trout there again maybe some steelies though. i did see some drift boats get some of those... Can someone point me towards mecca flats maybe i can get my fix there.On a side note it was beautiful there

Irishrover
Irishrover
spmpdr.....sorry Maupin didn't work out. If you want to try to Mecca Flat head to the bridge at Warm Springs but don't cross it. Turn right (north) and head about a mile and a half to Mecca Flat. The other thing to remember is this time of year the irrigation water is shut off so Lower Bridge is an option as well as the Folly Water. (just an idea) I hope Maupin picks up by the end of the month a few of us are headed that way to try our luck. Feel free to join us.

L
lilsalmon
Irishrover said:
spmpdr.....sorry Maupin didn't work out. If you want to try to Mecca Flat head to the bridge at Warm Springs but don't cross it. Turn right (north) and head about a mile and a half to Mecca Flat. The other thing to remember is this time of year the irrigation water is shut off so Lower Bridge is an option as well as the Folly Water. (just an idea) I hope Maupin picks up by the end of the month a few of us are headed that way to try our luck. Feel free to join us.

I can't wait!!!!!!