Thinking about purchasing a new float rod

C
Combat Chuck
RunWithSasquatch said:
I will also say that I think the Berekely IM8's deserve more love then what they get. A lot of people like the SST's, but Ive had a lot of good experiences with the Ramsey line as far as affordable fishing rods go.

Same here. My three rods are all Buzz Ramsey's, no complaints. I spent under $100 total on all of them.

troutdude
troutdude
RunWithSasquatch said:
They have a 10'6'' 4-8# rod designed for float fishing.

Yep yep. That's the one that I was talking about...now $70 at Bi Mart.

C
ChezJfrey
If you're looking in the 10 foot range, I use the Michigan handle version of the Okuma Connoisseur. With the reel on, it puts the balance near the end of the rod (like a fly rod) so you more comfortably get a bit more usable length for mending and keeping the line off the water with a float.

C
capblack
troutdude said:
Holy Cow Cappy, give it to me--especially if it's one of the koke trollers!
:pray: :pray:

BTW, I have a couple (or 3 or 4) used lami's. I've paid no more than $10 - $40 each. But, I still won't buy a new one because of how the company treated me; and their price.
no, its a 9-6 i bought for a steelhead float rod, my okuma koke rods get plenty of use!! :dance:

T
TimberTodd
I'm gonna have to make a trip to Fishermans tomorrow after work and see if they have a 10'6" Berkley IM8. Hopefully they will have the Wright Mcgill, Okuma SST and Berkley so I can compare them together. Thanks again for everyones input.
Todd