The temporary death of a most loved friend........

B
bigsteel
sinkline,you are a very generous guy to offer your rod to rose to use,,,,you are awesome:clap::clap::clap:

T
Trout
You might try and build a rod. Not very difficult really - might save a few dollars. I built a 7wt lamiglass about 6yrs ago. I hope to build a 4wt over the Winter.

L
lilsalmon
You might try and build a rod. Not very difficult really - might save a few dollars. I built a 7wt lamiglass about 6yrs ago. I hope to build a 4wt over the Winter.

K...will put in my order...

Actually the rod Sinkline generously shared worked great....when I get back from school clothes shopping with my son I will post a few pics from the weekend :dance:

S
skunk

L
lilsalmon
so we get to the campsite and after unloading everything I pull out "the rod." I explained to my Cortland reel what was going on and that I would have to attach her to a new rod. They bonded great and the fishing began.....

okay, Randy, as promised here is the first fishy caught on "the rod." The picture isn't very good but I didn't want to hurt the little guy. I was so excited when I got the first one....woot woot.

1st one....a nice little trout

2nd one....a little cutty

There was approximately 30 some fish after that...some small some a little bigger, the biggest being about 10 inches....what a great weekend. Thanks again Sinkline.....I have made another new friend who is good people and I hope to fish with you soon.

edit: BTW...it is a great nymphing rod too

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
I am glad you found a use for the basket...sounds perfect. Hope you had a nice time on the water.