The roe cure thread

B
bir48die
Re-Curing Eggs

Re-Curing Eggs

I bought a few jars of eggs from a local guy and as I pull them out they still have quite a bit of liquid. Can I cure them again?

F
fish_4_all
Dem's is eggins for sure. Got 17 fish to hit them babbies tween me and a buddy. 2 Chinook, 3 coho and 10 chum in about 6 hours. If oly they weren't so old and gone I might have brought a 'nook or coho home.

As for recuring eggs, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. You can try doing them in my solution or use anyone else's ideas but be aware that the eggs may not come out at all regardless. If they are simply too we, strain them and set them out to dry until they are how you like them. I like my way so I would take the eggs, make the solution and put them in for about an hour, maybe a lot less if I wanted was to clean them up so I could dry them out to what I liked.

F
fish_4_all
Remember that this method is a quick cure method for using them within a couple days. If you plan to keep them longer make sure to vacuum seal them or they will mold. For longer keep times, I cure them in the same mixture for a good 24 hours if not 48 or longer. When they are done takes sort of feel for the eggs and some experience but once you get it down you shouldn't have any problems if the eggs are going to cure right at all.