The "O" hole

C
Callaway
ok,
so im gonna put this out there as a question and hopeful good start for info on this place.
Although we dont know if there is an actual name to this place my crew have been going to this spot and calling it " the O hole" because of it being basically in oregon city.
Its located just past clackamette park at the mouth of the clackamas river, across the street from fishermans and behind the mcdonalds.
Friendly warning though parking isn't extremely abundant but pretty alright, theres no actual spaces, and is pretty much a walk in and bank fish wherever unless you have a drift boat or something that can get into the hole through the extremely shallow entrance.
We like to go here because we know were at least gonna catch some sort of bottom sucker fish, recently i managed to pull a cat out of there somewhere in the 8 to 10 lb range for the first time and i have pulled a couple bass out of a certain spot which im keeping to myself sorry.
The reason i am starting this post is because theres no actual thread, which is cool we like that we dont walk past 50 people to get to our spots, but because were kinda curious as to who else might fish there and what theyve pulled out.
one of the kids that works at fishermans told me its the sheriffs pond or something like that because they have the dock there and that hes pulled cats out too and i seen some guys there last time i was there pull some cats out.
so i put it out there and shared the hole i just would like for anyone who fishes there also to share a story or some info or tips and ill share the tips we have figured out for the hole.
thanks all sorry this got long -callaway

D
Drew9870
Try White Bread and Corn, the Sculpin make short work of Worms and they basically make up the bottom of the Willy, if you want Carnivores, fillet up a Pikeminnow and use the cut bait, I use a whole fillet from an 8 inch Pikeminnow and a 5/0-6/0 along with a sturgeon slider and 50lb Tuffline for leader, I prefer braid for mainline while plunking because it is more easily to detect bites especially at distances, no stretch.

Using a variety of natural baits will open up more learning oppurtunity if you are just out to see what you can get to bite, people catch Tench in the lower Willy, a fish well known in Europe.

S
skunk
I do believe that is Clackamette Cove that you are refering to. I've read that mostly its sm bass and cats that come out of there. Jump over the road to the willamette upstream and down from the mouth of the clack. There you have the opportunity for more varieties of fish depending on what you want to chase.

C
Callaway
155 views and only 2 people could be bothered to say something? getting ready to head out there right now was gonna take pics and post about whatever happens but nevermind.

18406ej
18406ej
I wouldn't take that attitude...maybe some of the 155 read your post and learned something from it but were too busy to respond right away. I read your post but I don't fish the Clackamas, so I had no response. I am sure that we all would enjoy reading more of your submissions (espescially with pictures), just remember it is a busy time of year. You will find that everyone gets more input on poor weather days.