The last last trip to Basstopia

R
ryan808
Man you guys are starting me up, I already got swim baits buzzing in my head. If we ever get to that fish off, we gotta do a swimbait challenge.

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
Man you guys are starting me up, I already got swim baits buzzing in my head. If we ever get to that fish off, we gotta do a swimbait challenge.

YEAH!!! thats what im talking about, i want to try swimbaits in the umpqua to see if i can weed up a giant? instead of the regulars these river smallies fight harder than anything i swear hahaha, someone go ahead and say some steelhead and salmon fight harder i am like nostradamus i know its coming.

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
YEAH!!! thats what im talking about, i want to try swimbaits in the umpqua to see if i can weed up a giant? instead of the regulars these river smallies fight harder than anything i swear hahaha, someone go ahead and say some steelhead and salmon fight harder i am like nostradamus i know its coming.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM giant river smallies MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Let me be the first...

Let me be the first...

colbypearson said:

Okay..."some steelhead and salmon fight harder" :whistle: :tongue: :lol: :lol:

C
colbypearson
Raincatcher said:
Okay..."some steelhead and salmon fight harder" :whistle: :tongue: :lol: :lol:

hahahahahaha see i knew it was coming, but if i put a 10-20lb river smallmouth on my line the size of some big steels and smaller salmon, i would definitely be crying.

F
Finneus Polebender
Bound and determined to keep the bass season alive. Went and did some snow toonin for bass this afternoon ! No takers marked more fish than I ever have at my big pond though ! way cool skimming the glass with sno flakes comin down . I was actually quite suprized must have dressed right cause I didn't really get that cold . was gonna get some pics out on the pond but camera died after I snapped a couple shots headed in . Could not believe the one school I found in a big ol snag pile just of the bottom in about 16-18 ft of water. Wonderin what they were ? need one of them new High tech finders hmmmm maybe for jingle bell time ? snow toonin 002.jpgsnow toonin 001.jpg

R
ryan808
Thats what I call dedication... I took the day off tomorrow, I'll keep the dream alive and try my luck tomorrow, somewhere?

F
Finneus Polebender
Good luck tomorrow Ryan and I have had the same thought on the live bait front there Colby. just had so much fun at TRs place with that swim bait thought I had better give it a go at my pond . A worm and a small hook should do the trick dropped straight down from the finder sensor. Been kinda cool to have the finder thanks again TR ,I can already identify some spots that consistently appear to be holding fish. Another season or two and I might start developing some home field advantage there LOL .

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Love the crazy dedication!! Go for it you guys! lol

T
tomriker
if i wasn't busy at work today ryan i'd let you come down and we could catch nothing together. lol. and FP i need to find me a pontoon like yours and put that little honda motor on it!

R
ryan808
Man, I went outside this morning and felt the cold, turned around and went back in the house. Thanks for the invite TR, but your probably right this cold frontthe fish probably did the same thing I did this morning.

T
tomriker
It's all good, they will still be here next spring :)

F
Finneus Polebender
Hawk said:
FP, is this the pond you live next to?
This is a nice sized pond.
:D:D:D
:cool:

That is the biggest of the three it is a couple miles down the road , the tractor pond is about a quarter mile down the road it is about 1/3 the size of the big one then theres my backyard pond its kinda small but pretty cool none the less! kinda got a pond for all occasions !

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
if i wasn't busy at work today ryan i'd let you come down and we could catch nothing together. lol. and FP i need to find me a pontoon like yours and put that little honda motor on it!

Man you agriculture guys always lookin for that mechanical edge LOL . Seriously though we need to find ya one so you can do the umpqua float with us! I actually have an extra for ya!

C
colbypearson
finneus polebender said:
man you agriculture guys always lookin for that mechanical edge lol . Seriously though we need to find ya one so you can do the umpqua float with us! I actually have an extra for ya!

yes!

H
Hawk
Finneus Polebender said:
That is the biggest of the three it is a couple miles down the road , the tractor pond is about a quarter mile down the road it is about 1/3 the size of the big one then theres my backyard pond its kinda small but pretty cool none the less! kinda got a pond for all occasions !

That sounds/looks really cool:cool::cool:
Right ON Bro
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool:

Build up a good crawdad population. They will really grow (the BASS).