The last last trip to Basstopia

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
can't wait... Haha I already see a new swimbait rod coming to my arsenal..:lol:

i have a okuma guide select swimbait rod its nice, unless you want to go custom haha

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Yeah well I am just well lucky the host has picked CP for the obvious reasons. I think I am the handicap for that boat LOL. Who knows he may throw me in with you and TT and take 808 then we will need at least a 6 fish or 18 lb spread to have a prayer LOL.

watch i will blank HAHAHAHA

T
TTFishon
tomriker said:
my fishfinder was dead and i didn't notice till we were already out on the water. i wanted to try and find some of those trout and catch me one

If you're up to it you could try trolling a Thomas lure or a Ford Fender and a Wedding ring tipped with a piece of worm. :D

T
TTFishon
colbypearson said:
"CP TR FP vs. TT TS R808 for a spring opener next year"

hahahaha lets do it !!!

Looks like I'm gonna have to start practicing at FP's place soon. lol

T
Throbbit _Shane
Hopefully i bring some luck of the good kind. We'll need it Haha

C
colbypearson
Throbbit _Shane said:
Hopefully i bring some luck of the good kind. We'll need it Haha

well have to draw out of a hat or something ;)

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
well have to draw out of a hat or something ;)

think you will be the man to beat and no one draws blanks at TRs place , might miss the first 6 , or lose 4 jigs in the trees , or actually find a bass under 2 lbs , like some of us clowns ,no way you could pull a doughnut at Basstopia! Pretty sure the jig master is up for some lessons from the pro the rest of us will be pulling names from the hat !

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
think you will be the man to beat and no one draws blanks at TRs place , might miss the first 6 , or lose 4 jigs in the trees , or actually find a bass under 2 lbs , like some of us clowns ,no way you could pull a doughnut at Basstopia! Pretty sure the jig master is up for some lessons from the pro the rest of us will be pulling names from the hat !

who's the jig master? haha

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
who's the jig master? haha

That would be none other than TR himself , you couldnt ask for a better guide w/ home field advantage he knows every inch of that 150 acre wonderland. TT said " Looks like I'm gonna have to start practicing at FP's place soon. lol" FP is gonna need to also !

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
That would be none other than TR himself , you couldnt ask for a better guide w/ home feild advantage he knows every inch of that 150 acre wonderland. TT said " Looks like I'm gonna have to start practicing at FP's place soon. lol" FP is gonna need to also !

i figured just making sure hahaha

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
i figured just making sure hahaha

Thats alright by then I will have my new rod that Ryan is making me with an awesome reel so I can be outfished in style! LOL

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Thats alright by then I will have my new rod that Ryan is making me with an awesome reel so I can be outfished in style! LOL

hahahahaha that thing looks sick dude congratz on that, mind you i am quite a jig fisherman myself better with that in my hand than anything period.....lol

T
tomriker
good colby, you can teach me a thing or two too

F
Finneus Polebender
Gettin ready to make a 3:16 order any for you TR ? Im gonna stick with the trout and bluegill patterns as advised by the Pro. thinkin 3-4 more K9 ones and maybe a rising son or two . Gonna have to pass on the curly tails even though they work , things are just not tuff enuff. Ok so think I am getting it amazing what reading a little will explain. The rising son is a top to just below the surface model. The K9 is a med to deep swim bait . Gonna have to try some no bull frogs they look outstanding and am headed back to check the rest of thier awesome stuff before I order . Oh and over 75 $ is free ship so let me know what you want !

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Gettin ready to make a 3:16 order any for you TR ? Im gonna stick with the trout and bluegill patterns as advised by the Pro. thinkin 3-4 more K9 ones and maybe a rising son or two . Gonna have to pass on the curly tails even though they work , things are just not tuff enuff.

awesome! they have bluegill swimbaits also

heres a list of some of my fav colors of all kinds of swimbaits 3;16 rising son's in particular: Hitch,Dark hitch, baby bass,green trout, brown trout, bluegill,baitfish and ayu , those are the basic oregon colors IMO, we dont really have many lakes with shads but they work sometimes too....... at night i like black too, and surprisingly white is a killer color just not one i have tried or really like.

F
Finneus Polebender
Dude was just checkin the bluegills and wait hold the phone the top dawg gotsta have me one of them the ol sidewinder has me interested too these guys have come up with some killer stuff . I can see ol FP gettin in trouble over this order LOL "you spent how much on lures?" Think I will live through it as long as I stick to the soft baits , their hard baits are very impresive lookin w/ a price tag to match the looks! have me a black mission fish will have to give it some nocturnal runs! Any how will hold off to order till tomorrow so you can look through their stuff they have some killer lookin goods !

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Dude was just checkin the bluegills and wait hold the phone the top dawg gotsta have me one of them the ol sidewinder has me interested too these guys have come up with some killer stuff . I can see ol FP gettin in trouble over this order LOL "you spent how much on lures?" Think I will live through it as long as I stick to the soft baits , their hard baits are very impresive lookin w/ a price tag to match the looks! have me a black mission fish will have to give it some nocturnal runs!

yep haha, i am the same i am a big fan of the rising son and the K9 out of the 316 baits, not so much the others..... i am a big fan of osprey and huddleston also you may want to check them out also FP, huddleston is my favorite for big bites but you can get some decent numbers on ospreys sometimes,baitsmith is also good,,,...... california reservoir lures toad thrashers just came out and so far i love mine soon to pick up more.

F
Finneus Polebender
Wow so many lures I still have to get on ordering that jig list ya gave me . I can see where my bonus is headed this year ! Couldnt think of a better use for it either!

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Wow so many lures I still have to get on ordering that jig list ya gave me . I can see where my bonus is headed this year ! Couldnt think of a better use for it either!

haha i couldnt think of a better cause either LOL, i am all pumped for the possibility of the SO-umpqua float man that would be killer!

F
Finneus Polebender
Heck possibility I would say reality just gotta set a date! Oh and hit ya up for the gear I will need for that one!