Thanksgiving fishing!!!

H
halibuthitman
the nf nehalem, necanicum, nf klaskenine and big and gnat creek will be full of winter fish by friday and falling, this weekend looks to be one of the best odds of a succesful thanksgiving weekend in years.. good luck everyone.. p.s gnat creek fishes best when it is blown out-

Reactions: bigsteel and eggs
H
hcole
Would you be fishing Gnat Creek for steelhead or chinook?

S
skunk
halibuthitman said:
the nf nehalem, necanicum, nf klaskenine and big and gnat creek will be full of winter fish by friday and falling, this weekend looks to be one of the best odds of a succesful thanksgiving weekend in years.. good luck everyone.. p.s gnat creek fishes best when it is blown out-

Thanks halibuthitman, I was thinking i'd stay home but now I got options!!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
I will hit my favorite winter creek this friday morning for my first trip targeting steelhead.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Well we'll see. I'm dragging my boat down to Port Orford for three days of fishing on the Elk and Sixes and some crabbing out of Bandon. At best we are going to get soaked and at worst we won't be able to fish and crab like we are hoping. This storm looks like it is going to get crazy. Did I hear 75mph gusts???

beaverfan said:

G
GDBrown
The Kilches is always the first of the Tillamook bay rivers to drop into shape after a big blow like we are expecting. That's where I'm placing my bets.

GD

Reactions: bigsteel
B
beaverfan
Ya there will be stuff fishable for the weekend but I had been planning on hitting the wilson on thursday morning for the 3rd straight year. Guess I'll have to settle for some fri/sat kilchis fishing

A
alm21
Envious.... Thanksgiving means lock-down house arrest for me. I’ll be doing the xmas tree thing with the family and then hanging lights on the house. A word of advice for you younger guys, set the bar low! When I was in my twenties, I was really ambitious and decked the house out with a lot of lights and had fun doing it. The wife and kids love it but fast forward 14yrs and the expectation is just as high (as well as the roof). If I had it my way, I’d throw a couple lights on a bush and call it good. Hopefully I can find one of the 4 days to hit the water.

H
halibuthitman
alm21 said:
Envious.... Thanksgiving means lock-down house arrest for me. I’ll be doing the xmas tree thing with the family and then hanging lights on the house. A word of advice for you younger guys, set the bar low! When I was in my twenties, I was really ambitious and decked the house out with a lot of lights and had fun doing it. The wife and kids love it but fast forward 14yrs and the expectation is just as high (as well as the roof). If I had it my way, I’d throw a couple lights on a bush and call it good. Hopefully I can find one of the 4 days to hit the water.
Im certain many lonely folks out there are envious of you... you sound like a fortunate man-

H
halibuthitman
hcole said:
Would you be fishing Gnat Creek for steelhead or chinook?
the steel..

H
halibuthitman
please remember my forcast is just that, speculation.. keep your eyes on the river gauges and be careful, all of these rivers can be very dangerous during high water.. have fun:cool:

G
GDBrown
Danger on the Rivers

Danger on the Rivers

I agree with Brad, please, be careful where ever you go! Right now the Wilson is a very dangerous place to be!

hydroPlot.png

The Wilson is not fishable much above 6ft and right now it is at 11 and still rising. Maybe if the forecast is correct Saturday or Sunday will be OK.

Looks like Tillamook will be under water again this year and we have only just begun!

GD

Just a side note: Every time you open this thread the link to this graph will update so you will always see the current state of the river.

H
hcole
Is there anyplace to a get the river level information for the Necanicum that's similar to the Wilson graph?

A
alm21
halibuthitman said:
Im certain many lonely folks out there are envious of you... you sound like a fortunate man-

I jest, but yes, I am very fortunate and all too easy to take it for granted.

S
skunk
alm21 said:
I jest, but yes, I am very fortunate and all too easy to take it for granted.

True! Since its 4 days off for me I might get one out fishing, but sometimes I pass it up since my family is so special to me.