Taking the little brother trout fishing

M
Mid-Valley Angler
Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody had any specific places to recommend I'm taking my little brother out fishing tomorrow and I really want to get him on some fish he's only been a few times and I think he's starting to get hooked so I'd like to continue that LOL I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of any where they've been recently that's pretty clear and the fish are biting it good I have a small inflatable raft that we may be taking depending on where we go so I do have the ability to get out on the water of course we're going to have to watch the weather to see where all is possible anyways any advice would be a huge help I have a couple places in mind but figured I'd check on here and see if anybody could point me in the right direction I'm located in Albany so anywhere within an hour or so would be acceptable thanks!
Tight lines

S
smoky
Check the trout stocking and go wherever they have stocked recently.

S
smoky
Just checked the schedule and looks like st Louis ponds has been stocked the last 2 times and that's not far from you. But you can't use your raft.

troutdude
troutdude
No scheduled stocking, this week. But I believe that E.E. Wilson, got a load last week. Double check, to be sure.

M
Mid-Valley Angler
We ended up going out to Walter Wirth Lake took the little raft it's the 5th time I've been out there and the 5th time in a row we did not get a single bite we were out there for about six and a half hours I do not think I will be returning there again

troutdude
troutdude
Sorry that you didn't have any luck. Wirth probably gets fished out, within a day or two (of actual stocking). Most smaller, local lakes do.

M
Mid-Valley Angler
Eh it's not a big deal I was thinking that might happen, I think we're going to take the raft out on foster next saturday i ve never had a bad day out there and their even stocking it fresh next week I will say though it was nice to spend a day on the water with my little brother he's 16 now and it's fun teaching him to fish and talking about life he has turned from my tiny little brother into a very respectable young man it's crazy how fast they grow up. All in all in it was a day not wasted