Taking a boat up the Umpqua

B
brysageek
So I am thinking about taking my hewes craft up from Scottsburg Park to just above Family Camp if I can..... Would like to be able to get in and out of Scotts landing if I can. I am pretty new to operating a boat, I have a 50 hp jet which does great on the Rogue I just don't know the Umpqua River well enough to get too crazy, I have rafted it plenty of times and its has a lot of very tight channels I have noticed...... Is this more of an experienced run or am I just being Paranoid Of course I will definitely ease my way up... But if there is any one that knows the river well enough and has any suggestions/heads up I am all ears!
:think:

C
CaptKirk
brysageek said:
So I am thinking about taking my hewes craft up from Scottsburg Park to just above Family Camp if I can..... Would like to be able to get in and out of Scotts landing if I can. I am pretty new to operating a boat, I have a 50 hp jet which does great on the Rogue I just don't know the Umpqua River well enough to get too crazy, I have rafted it plenty of times and its has a lot of very tight channels I have noticed...... Is this more of an experienced run or am I just being Paranoid Of course I will definitely ease my way up... But if there is any one that knows the river well enough and has any suggestions/heads up I am all ears!
:think:

Be sure you run up there at low tide and look off the bridge so you know where the big rocks are that are just below the surface.

B
brysageek
great advice thanks

great advice thanks

Will do I am either going fishing on the Coquille or I think that I will be heading up to Scottsburg bridge take a look about and then do some plunking off of lutsinger thanks

T
thepreditor
A buddy and i put his sled in above Scottsburg. I can't remeber the name of the launch but we never have a problem. He has a 20' wooden sled with 50hp jet we dont go through sawyers rapids. You will know when you see them..

B
brysageek
ole' sawyer

ole' sawyer

Yeah I know right where sawyer rapids is, so its not very smart to get a boat through sawyer eh'? I was thinking about putting in at scottsburg park and then going right up from sawyer rapids I eyeballed what I could yesterday and there didn't seem to be a lot of places to get a good view, welll I will check it out today the water is supposed to be up quite a bit thanks!

T
thepreditor
yeah we thought about going there but i think the water level is suppose to be around ten if not higher... which is very high and muddy. it was 5 when we where there.

M
Mad dog
The Umpqua will be blown by morning! Everything is running brown this afternoon!

B
brysageek
:(

:(

Coming down but looked like choco milk no fishing :(