Taking a boat up the Umpqua

So I am thinking about taking my hewes craft up from Scottsburg Park to just above Family Camp if I can..... Would like to be able to get in and out of Scotts landing if I can. I am pretty new to operating a boat, I have a 50 hp jet which does great on the Rogue I just don't know the Umpqua River well enough to get too crazy, I have rafted it plenty of times and its has a lot of very tight channels I have noticed...... Is this more of an experienced run or am I just being Paranoid Of course I will definitely ease my way up... But if there is any one that knows the river well enough and has any suggestions/heads up I am all ears!
:think:

So I am thinking about taking my hewes craft up from Scottsburg Park to just above Family Camp if I can..... Would like to be able to get in and out of Scotts landing if I can. I am pretty new to operating a boat, I have a 50 hp jet which does great on the Rogue I just don't know the Umpqua River well enough to get too crazy, I have rafted it plenty of times and its has a lot of very tight channels I have noticed...... Is this more of an experienced run or am I just being Paranoid Of course I will definitely ease my way up... But if there is any one that knows the river well enough and has any suggestions/heads up I am all ears!
:think:

Be sure you run up there at low tide and look off the bridge so you know where the big rocks are that are just below the surface.

great advice thanks

great advice thanks

Will do I am either going fishing on the Coquille or I think that I will be heading up to Scottsburg bridge take a look about and then do some plunking off of lutsinger thanks

A buddy and i put his sled in above Scottsburg. I can't remeber the name of the launch but we never have a problem. He has a 20' wooden sled with 50hp jet we dont go through sawyers rapids. You will know when you see them..

ole' sawyer

ole' sawyer

Yeah I know right where sawyer rapids is, so its not very smart to get a boat through sawyer eh'? I was thinking about putting in at scottsburg park and then going right up from sawyer rapids I eyeballed what I could yesterday and there didn't seem to be a lot of places to get a good view, welll I will check it out today the water is supposed to be up quite a bit thanks!

yeah we thought about going there but i think the water level is suppose to be around ten if not higher... which is very high and muddy. it was 5 when we where there.

Top Bottom