Taboo!

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Brace yourself. This post is about that slightly less awesome state immediately to our north. I beg you, OFF community, turn away if you are easily perturbed.

... Now that they're not looking - does anyone have an excellent suggestion for a trout fishery on a river or stream somewhere between Portland and Seattle? Right in the middle would be ideal, but a little north or south is fine too. Whatta' ya think?

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Forgot to mention that this would be a fly fishing excursion. Anyone been on the Cowlitz River or know of a great tributary?

H
halibuthitman
The Kalama has a hike in fly only section of "holy water" I fish it often- catch a few nice trout a year, mostly summer and winter steel-

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Nice! Thanks for the tip, halibuthitman.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Nothing wrong with the neighboring state...:think: we call it Washington, and have some great members from...Washington. :D Don't be afraid...say it out loud, the sky won't fall, I promise. ;)

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
WASHINGTON! There. I said it. And now I feel much better.

G
GDBrown
Some of us even lived in Washington during an earlier period of our earth life! I myself hailed from Fircrest and still have family who reside in "Warshington" :lol:

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
My parents and a brother are up in Seattle. I'm just goofin' around, but I am looking for good spot for my pops and I to meet up somewhere in the middle for a day out on the water.

V
Van
I have drifted the north fork of the Lewis river a few times. Also, i have been fishing up near Trout Lake a number of times. Goose and Mosquito lakes. Those are east rather than north. Goose is a nice lake, very pretty. Lots of of pressure from the bait and gear crowd though. The lake is pretty heavily stocked so those pellet heads in thee were slow to take flies. When it happened though it was a hoot. The lake is very clear and you can actually sight fish. It is a lot of fun.

Reactions: Raincatcher
F
fishingguru
The nisqually river has a few good spots for flies :)

Right above the mouth of Ohop creek there is some good fishing, but its a little hike in. Maybe 1-1.5 miles or so.