Surf shark fishing

B
Berg03
Hey i was wondering if anyone here fishes for shark from the beach/jetty. Ive caught small ones but wanted to know of any big ones around, if so how do i weed out the small ones? The ones i catch are about 2-3 ft tops. Thanks

J
jrbecca
Berg03 said:
Hey i was wondering if anyone here fishes for shark from the beach/jetty. Ive caught small ones but wanted to know of any big ones around, if so how do i weed out the small ones? The ones i catch are about 2-3 ft tops. Thanks

Because this doesn't at all inspire visions of Jaws lurking off the Oregon Coast...nope, not at all...How deep of water are you fishing?

M
Moe
Where do you catch those? I've been dying to fish for shark

B
Berg03
Since im limited to the beach area, i am usually in 10-15 ft of water. Ive seen bigger ones in that depth but they are never interested ib my bait....

T
troutmasta
Ive caught some Big Friggin sharks on salted herring but it was in a couple hundred feet of water. My guess would be bigger nastier bait or try to trigger a ambush response. Good Luck

S
seekanddestory
Not much shark fishing on the Oregon Coast it is to cold shark likes the 55° water if you find that you have a good chance to land one