Surf fishing for redtail perch

PK Yi
PK Yi
headed out to barview for some redtail perch action. did alright. had a lot of fun. I think I found my new go-to specie.

Reactions: rogerdodger
D
Denduran87
Great video, you make it look so easy, I've gone out about 3 times getting skunked each time.

P
playhooky
Excellent (as usual).......Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a very successful day. FUN!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

troutdude
troutdude
Love your videos buddy! Looks like another fine trip, for Sammy puttin' on the Whammy!

Markk
Markk
Very nice! Looks like fun..

PK Yi
PK Yi
thanks, guys. love surf fishing for redtails. I lost some HUGE friggin fish. one bent my #4 hook, which makes me think it was some other fish, not a redtail. if it was a redtail, it was one giant redtail.

C
Critter
Where's Barview? A Google search shows two. One in Coos Co. and one in Tillamook Co.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent!

G
Gulfstream
Nice video.I love perch fishin...They are great fried crispy!

PK Yi
PK Yi
Critter said:
Where's Barview? A Google search shows two. One in Coos Co. and one in Tillamook Co.

barview is in garibaldi, tillamook county.

L
LivinItUpCO
Thanks for the video Sammy. I'm headed to seaside next week to try my chance at some perch. What else have you caught from the beach surf?

PK Yi
PK Yi
LivinItUpCO said:
Thanks for the video Sammy. I'm headed to seaside next week to try my chance at some perch. What else have you caught from the beach surf?

lots of silver surf perch, tiny sculpins, and baby sole, and crabs occasionally.

bass
bass
Fantastic video! I love your FPF (First Person Fishing) videos. I have not been fishing in a while because life has just been too busy. Your videos really help me keep my sanity!

T
troutmasta
Wonderfull video. Me and a buddy got our butts kicked on Saturday trying to catch them there. Caught more than my share of sculpin though...

PK Yi
PK Yi
bass said:
Fantastic video! I love your FPF (First Person Fishing) videos. I have not been fishing in a while because life has just been too busy. Your videos really help me keep my sanity!

thanks, bass. hope things settle down and you find a chance to get out and fish.

C
cdumitru78
Get out there if you can man, there is some fish to be caught at the beach! We were there last week, at Barview, and it was hot, lots of bites and some really good sized fish.

bass
bass
sammy said:
thanks, bass. hope things settle down and you find a chance to get out and fish.

I will be in Rockaway for a few days at the end of the month. I hope I can get into some perch when I go. What did you have on rig in addition to the sandworm? Were those trout power eggs?

PK Yi
PK Yi
bass said:
I will be in Rockaway for a few days at the end of the month. I hope I can get into some perch when I go. What did you have on rig in addition to the sandworm? Were those trout power eggs?

yea, I caught the first few on powerbait mice tails.

C
CRN_JIM
Great to meet you out there man. Nice video!

PK Yi
PK Yi
CRN_JIM said:
Great to meet you out there man. Nice video!

we gotta get out there again!