Sunriver, Oregon Fly Fishing

J
JcAustin
Hi All,

I'm a new to fly fishing and will be in Sunriver, Oregon at the end of September for a week and was hoping to do some casting. I have never been down to this area before so any help or recommendations on spots in the area would be amazing! I am open to any fish as well as, catch and release or keeping.

Thanks!

B
Ballgame
Fall river. I also like the Crooked river. Assuming I can get over the pass this weekend I will be fishing both.

J
JcAustin
Thanks for the info I'll definitely check that out! Is there an area of the river you would suggest, i'm still learning what to look for.

Also, good luck this weekend! Hope you can make it over the pass and don't have to deal with too much smoke.

B
Ballgame
JcAustin said:
Thanks for the info I'll definitely check that out! Is there an area of the river you would suggest, i'm still learning what to look for.

Also, good luck this weekend! Hope you can make it over the pass and don't have to deal with too much smoke.
less familiar with the fall river, but between the bridge and the waterfall above is good water, if you catch it still in Sept you can fish below the falls. closes Sept 30th. Use the smallest tippet you can get away with, the water is very clear. Big fish harder to catch. The Crooked river is my favorite river over there. Lots of fish but smaller, definitely easier to fish. The 8 miles right the below the dam is usually where I spend my time. 4 campgrounds give you good access and it is an easy river to wade. Unfortunate for me no going over the pass this weekend, going to go fish a coastal stream instead.

Reactions: PhoFish
J
JcAustin
Awesome, I really appreciate the extra info! Hope you got some good fishing in this weekend.

Reactions: Admin