Sturgeon fishing on thw Willamette 2-6-11

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Today I was fishing on the Willamette by the Toyota docks.
We only fished lintel about 11:30.

Smelt was the hot bait, we got about 15 or so small ones, and 2 that would of been a keeper fish.

Hope to see some of you out there on Saturday. I hope that it will be open then.

Marvin

S
SNDSLGR
I was out messing around last thursday and was pretty disapointed with the catch overall. Last year this time I was letting 4-8 keepers a day loose.

Do you think the larger fish are down hanging around the mouth of the Cowlitz with all the smelt that are jamming through there right now? I want to go give it a shot but can't seem to find any intel an weather or not that theory holds water.

M
Marvin's Guide Service
I think some may have went that way! I will still be fishing the Willamette if it opens! Might go up a bit further towards the spaghetti factory.

A
alex
Can you please tell me where is Toyota docks located?

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Just down River from the St Johns bridge. i would say maybe a mile. Lot's of times you will see the big ship there.

Y
youngbuck307
Wonder how many guys have gone looking how to get to that dam Toyota dock.... People pull fish from there all the time but I can never find it lol... Alex if u don't know it's a loading dock not a fishing dock

A
alex
Thank you everybody!