Stripper help please

troutdude
troutdude
TimberTodd said:
Does the ODFW have a special tag for strippers? When I was a kid there was a guy in the NW Steelheaders chapter that my dad belonged to. He always refered to stripers as a trash fish. I think he had them confused with strippers.
Todd

LOL

A tag is called "cover charge w/ 2 drink minumum" in the reg book. The reg book also does not include stippers as "game fish"...although that is how some troll for them.

H
hawgcaller
It sure is amazing what you can catch trolling for strippers. Now, removing it from your rod is a whole nother ball game. lol

P
plumb2fish
The best "lure" comes in small zip locks, or green, dead, caucasians.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Raincatcher said:
Okay,you finally crossed the line,Thuggin! :rolleyes: I can't take it any more!! :wall: You really need to turn on the spell check feature or you will continue to make me crazy... :doh: If you want to take your older friend "trolling for strippers" you will want to make sure you have plenty of $5 $10 and $20 bills in your pockets. I understand strip clubs are rather costly...if you know what I mean. :whistle: :redface: If,however,you intend to take him FISHING FOR STRIPERS follow the advice given in the two posts preceding this one.
Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

LOLOLOL I just saw this hahaha....

N
nwkiller
definetly the 2011 thread of the year

N
nwdunerider
I have fished for stripers on the Smith quite a bit but the last few years have poor.
Now is the time to rest your butt on the 2 mile post AT NIGHT and still fish a smelt or heering on the bottom just like sturgeon fishing. My cousin caught a 52 incher here in the we hours of the morning. You can also do that at Noel ranch boat ramp.
Mostly we would troll big bomber A plugs at the upper reaches of tide water ( at night ) with a mini drift boat and an electric trolling motor. All this must be done in total silence without any lights. Stripers are very skiddish especialy in shallow waters

S
striperfear1973
striper.jpg some just get lucky i guess , this is after 4 years of searching and beating the waters up , nobody wants to go with you until you come home like this , this one was 40pnds the one behind me was 30 pnds

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
^And that is a recent fish, from Oregon?

S
striperfear1973
yes

S
striperfear1973
2013 i caught 9 that year , smallest was 12 pounds , biggest was the one you see at 40 pnds

S
striperfear1973
ive learned that the time per fish ratio is about 9 hrs to one fish

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
So... the fishery is collapsing and you kill them?

Still, I admire your grit in sticking to the program when the fishing is tough, and putting in the work to make it happen for you.

D
DrTheopolis
Shaun Solomon said:
So... the fishery is collapsing and you kill them?

I think I've made my opinions on killing invasive species public -- slay away.

S
striperfear1973
im doing it for the fun but also the food they provide , the challenge of finding and catching them , ihave a hard time thinking that , me alone has considerably hurt the population of stripers , with the very low sport fishing of them ,im inclined to think there are way bigger forces out of my control that take there toll on the population , so yes , i kill them

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Let's take the new discussion to a new thread, please. Thanks.