Stripper help please

H
Hawk
Finneus Polebender said:
Seems to me we did do a lot of nights around lit up piers when I fiished them in cali , I think I would go with what santiam said!! I am sure raincatcher is biting a lip or she hasnt read it yet I think Andy is gonna break her LOL

Lustrums ago we caught them the whole year around, daytime & nighttime. Fished them in the California Delta, CA Aquaduct/ Delta/Mendota canal, San Luis Res Forebay, San Antonio Lake, etc etc.

Biggest was over 47lb. caught many channel Cat too.
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

H
halibuthitman
well most of what I know about strippers only applies to the marina del rey in costa rica... 1. you actually are just like the other guys.. no matter what she says. 2. hide everything... even your vital organs. 3. never mind the nino's 4. its not love Andy,, trust me, its not love. 5. you only live onces.... so do it anyway!!!

Last edited:
S
Santiam338
:DI remember the first stiper I ever caught..It was also the biggest at 39 pounds...We had been steelhead fishing all day on the Smith and on a whim decided to stay and try trolling Stripers after dark...My fishing buddy had done it a few times and had a electric motor in the truck and a few 6 inch blue backed rebels..We parked the truck on a downhill and took the battery out for a spare...That way if we used up the battery we could still get started in the morning..

I was fishing with my steelhead gear at the time,which was a medium rod with a Mitchell 300 with 12 pound mono..

We had just slid the drift boat in and was motoring out..I was letting my plug out and my buddy hadn't even started on his yet when I felt a monster strike..The fish made a run for the ocean at a high rate of speed..Line was going out fast and the drag was sizzling..I switched to reverse and was reeling backwards trying to help the drag and started yelling for my buddy to turn around and give chase..

Well,electric motors and turn around fast don't go together...It seemed the whole world was in slow motion,while the fish was in fast forward...Line was disapearing quick while the boat just poked along...

Finally we got turned around and gave it full throttle,which wasn't much...The fish was clear around the corner of the river out of sight,if we could see that is,by now it was pitch black..

Started to get some line back,but now there was a new problem...Untangling out of limbs and brush while we chased down river...This went on for better than a half mile..Seems like just about the time we thought we were under control the fish would get back into a downed tree or something......Got into a wider section of river and fought him there...Got to see him once in the flashlight...OMG it looked unreal it was so big...Some of that had to do with the gloom and the light,but it still looked like a monster...He made one last run towards the bank....I could feel something funny...Got closer and could see the front hooks were hung on a limb,while the back was still in the fish...Thought he was a goner,but somehow he came off the limb and into the net..

What a battle...This was my first stiper trip and I had only fished 20 seconds or so...I didn't even have my plug all the way out...LOL

That was the only fish we hit all night,but it was enough...

I have since fished and caught a lot of stripers..Also caught a lot of the hybreds that they put in Tenmile...Most of them ended up in the Smith...I don't think there are anymore,but they were good sized and fun..

If you go,time your trip with the down river steelhead smolts and use a bluebacked rebel..

I need to get back there and see if I can still catch them...:D

I got a pic somewhere...I will look...

S
ShdwmnkyX
halibuthitman said:
well most of what I know about strippers only applies to the marina del rey in costa rica... 1. you actually are just like the other guys.. no matter what she says. 2. hide everything... even your vital organs. 3. never mind the nino's 4. its not love Andy,, trust me, its not love. 5. you only live onces.... so do it anyway!!!

I have friends who went down there. I read this and couldn't stop laughing.

T
Thuggin4Life
everyone thanksfor the advice and the laughs.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Raincatcher said:
Okay,you finally crossed the line,Thuggin! :rolleyes: I can't take it any more!! :wall: You really need to turn on the spell check feature or you will continue to make me crazy... :doh: If you want to take your older friend "trolling for strippers" you will want to make sure you have plenty of $5 $10 and $20 bills in your pockets. I understand strip clubs are rather costly...if you know what I mean. :whistle: :redface: If,however,you intend to take him FISHING FOR STRIPERS follow the advice given in the two posts preceding this one. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue: :tongue:
BAHAHAHAHA i had to laugh at this.. may be an old thread but i had to.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Hey andy let me know if you ever have open seat when you go out for stripers.

B
beaverfan
Throbbit _Shane said:
Hey andy let me know if you ever have open seat when you go out for stripers.

Or strippers for that matter.

brandon4455
brandon4455
beaverfan said:
Or strippers for that matter.

let me in on that! LOL

M
metalfisher76
"You only live onces..."lol

T
Throbbit _Shane
brandon4455 said:
let me in on that! LOL

When you turn 21 you can go stripper fishing. It's fun about once a year :D

T
Thuggin4Life
Stripper fishing is expensive. if i ever give it a shot i'll let you know shane.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I don't have the funds to fish for strippers - never met one that bit on nickles and quarters.

Striper fishing can be fun - but my experience with that is a bit limited - last time I fished for those was on a lake in Kansas, and they weren't real big fish. Did well with jigs and cranks though.

J
JeannaJigs
I don't know how I missed this thread 20,000 years ago...but wow LOL.

N
nwkiller
Ts -- Brandon, you can go stripper fishing when ur 18....brandon just fish somewhere else when your 18, stripper fishing is very expensive...lol and when u reel one in it may go crazy and try to kill u.....(true story happened to a freind)....are we still talking about fish????????? lol:)

X
xltom
It's important to practice catch and release when fishin' for strippers. They are bottom feeders more closely related to carp than bass. As stated above if you take them home they may try to kill you or at least steal your wallet....

N
nwkiller
lol tom

T
TimberTodd
Does the ODFW have a special tag for strippers? When I was a kid there was a guy in the NW Steelheaders chapter that my dad belonged to. He always refered to stripers as a trash fish. I think he had them confused with strippers.
Todd

O
OnTheFly
This thread again? I didn't realize it was stripper season already. Last year sucked and I got beat up pretty bad.

N
nwkiller
lol